22 - A Surprise

A Surprise

※※※※※※※

It's a simple day, nothing to be worried or bothered about.

Josh and I are going out to dinner later this evening, to some fancy restaurant. We don't usually go to somewhere grand, just fast food chains and take outs. What makes this day so special?

I have nothing to do this afternoon, so I decide to go to the mall. Buy some new clothes, shoes or accessories and maybe wear them later.

The ride takes at least 45 minutes, an hour on a bad day, but less on a good one.

I got there, and immediately went to my favorite store. I wore my big sunglasses to cover up my face, hoping nobody would notice me. I couldn't get bothered by a whole crowd. A person or two maybe, but not the whole damn mall.

I picked up the first thing that caught my eyes. A strapless plain white dress up to the mid of my thighs. I find something that would cover it up a bit and found the perfect floral cover up.

I also chose to buy teal flats and a neon blue spiky necklace. After I finished, which didn't even last for an hour, I went home.

Sure, I still had a lot of time and I don't know what to waste them into. I don't want to eat, because I'm full. Which also surprised me, because for all I knew, I was never full.

Yes, like a normal person I get bored. I pick up my phone, and play Dumb Ways to Die. That goes on for I don't know how many minutes, but not for long. I was in the middle of covering up the holes on some bleeding animal when my phone started to ring. It was Josh.

"Hey." I say. "What's up?"

"Hey. Gonna pick you up at 6. Hope you're getting ready." He says.

"What? It's like 2. Not getting ready this early."

"Jen it's exactly 5:14." Oh shit.

"Okay. Okay. It's not like I get ready in about a day." He lets out a small laugh.

"Ok. See you later. Love you."

"Love you." And I hang up. There was something bothering him, I could feel it. His voice was a bit different and shaky.

I wasted no time in preparing. I bolted straight to my room and put little make up on.

Then, of course I wore the clothes I bought and checked them on the mirror, and it looks great.

I could've wore heels instead but I don't want to make my feet sore. I hate heels.

The last thing I did was grab my purse and phone, then went to the porch.

I waited for a while, and Josh appeared in front.

"Looking good." He says, smiling, and opening up the passenger's seat.

"I know." I say, smirking before I got into the car.

Josh is wearing something very formal tonight. A suit and tie. Well, he hates those things. But he only wears it if mandatory. And tonight, obviously, it's not forced.

"What's so special about today?" I ask, and he keeps fidgeting, even on the wheel.

"Just wait and see." He says.

We keep quiet for the rest of out trip. I don't want to force him into answering what he doesn't want to. But I'm sure there's something special for me there, which I don't want to spoil.

The ride seems quite slow, given that there was nothing to do. We aren't talking and I don't want to waste my phone's battery life.

After a long while, we were there. The waiter ushered us in a private room. In the center was a table and two chairs. (Well... of course why did I even bother telling you that). There was very dim lighting. There were candles and roses on the table.