45 - Happy Valentine's

Happy Valentine's

February 14. The magical day that every couple show their love for each other by dates, giving gifts, chocolates, flowers, and whatever romantic sappy stuff you can think of. And of course, Josh and I wouldn't let this day pass.

Josh and I have planned this out. For months. Due to our busy schedules, we can't actually surprise each other, to the risk of the other one bailing out or not attending.

We're renting an apartment in New York at this moment, for our work requires us to be in NY. It's a wonder that no pap shots and rumors has appeared of me and him going into the same house.

I wake up at around five in the morning, Josh lays beside me, his arm wrapped around me. I gently move his hand, careful not to wake him up, as I stand up from the bed.

Looking at his sleepy face makes me want to lay back down but I resist the urge. I need to work.

I did the morning routine. Bathroom, kitchen, wardrobe. In a few minutes I'm done. They'll do my hair and make up on set anyways.

"Josh." I softly say his name, shaking him lightly to wake him up. His eyes flutter open at the sight of me. "I gotta go now. See you later hon."

I run my fingers on his soft morning hair, and kiss him on his lips. I think he's too tired to kiss me back, but I don't complain.

"Bye. I love you." He mutters, rubbing my hands with his.

"Love you too." I pinch his cheeks and smile. I still can't believe that I get to wake up in the morning with him beside me. I could be the luckiest girl in this very second and I couldn't be more grateful than that.

I reach my car, and drive to set. It's fairly near. Towards arriving, I see the set almost complete. I park next to a car I know as Chris Martin's. He was here a few weeks ago to talk with David for the Joy Soundtrack. But I don't know why he's here now.

My foot touches the ground, the sun is insanely bright, so I put my sunglasses on. The phone on my pocket vibrates, but before I could open it up, someone bumps into me.

"I'm sorry." A deep gruff voice says, I look up and Chris is in front of me.

"It's okay." A smile forms on my lips, to reassure him that it's really okay

"Have you had breakfast yet?" He asks.

"Not yet, actually I'm on my way to the food trailer."

"Well then, can I join you?"

"Of course." We make our way towards the trailer. There's a few people in there. Some I have never met before. I got used to seeing the Hunger Games crew that I still get nostalgic every time I'm making a new movie. It takes some time to get used to. Especially that I spent the last four years with them.

The smell of bagels knocked me out of my senses and as I sit on the chair, I order a plain bagel and a latte. Chris orders the same.

"So how's it going?" I ask. I have no idea how to start a conversation with him, given that I only did the casual greetings to him.

"Not much. You probably heard about us and Gwen."

Oh right.

"So are you two in good terms now?" The food arrives. I take a small sip, waiting for his answer.

"Yeah, I guess so." I can't help but notice that he's staring at me for quite a while. "She has a new guy."

"Sucks."

"Not really. It's for the best." For a moment, he looks down, looking actually sad about the topic. But then, he quickly shifts to another topic. "What about you? What's going on with your life?"