44 - Moving Day

Moving Day

It started with one question.

"Do you want to live together?"

We're at his house, enjoying a weekend of break from the interviews. My feet up in the coffee table, snugly fitting myself in his arms. The Big Lebowsky playing in the tv.

It's almost the end 2 hours and 30 minutes have passed. I start to grow weary, even though it's high noon and I have done nothing but watch and eat and sit all day long.

To justify, I have done a week of nonstop interviews answering the same questions over and over again. Who wouldn't be tired?

"I'll get a cup off coffee. You want one?" I stand up, holding his hand as I do.

"No, I'm good." He says, swaying our hands back and forth. "But thanks."

I proceed to the kitchen, pouring a cup of coffee in my favorite mug, the one with the galaxy background and pizza floating in space.

Wait.

What is my mug doing in here? I'm at Josh's. Did I bring it here because I spend way too much time in his house and I didn't want to leave it sitting in my rack for long?

Not entirely sure. I pushed the thought away.

I take a sip from my coffee, walking back to the living room. I notice the shelf beside the tv, and I see not one, not two, but seven of my books in there. The same question pops into my head. What?

The coffee has burned my hand, and I quickly put it on the table before I soak myself.

"Hey you okay?" Josh asks, squeezing my arm. The movie has rolled its credits, and I have no idea how many minutes I spent contemplating life.

"Of course." I say, sipping coffee after. "I just want to take a shower."

"Okay, I'll just clean up and prepare lunch." We stand up, and I kiss him before heading upstairs.

I reach his bedroom, or should I say our bedroom. Because most of the time, we sleep here together. I sigh. And walk towards the bathroom.

I start to take notice of all the little things. My jewelry tangled with some of his on top of the drawer. Some of my clothes scattered with some of his. A fairly big painting from my room before, now hanging beside his painting.

The painting? When? Why? How?

I turn the knob to the bathroom. His sink strewn with my makeup. Hair dryer, straightener, and curler.

I fill the bathtub with warm water, and pour lilac bath foam-and it's mine, mind you-in it. It starts to bubble, and i undress, slipping into the warm bubbly water. I put my hair up in a bun, and close my eyes, leaning my head on the edge.

I find this spot to be relaxing. For at least a few minutes. Until the thought of my stuff being in Josh's house haunts me.

Is this it?

I have spend more time than usual in his house. To the point that I call it home, and that when I'm supposed to go to my house, I find myself driving here instead of mine.

That I hung that painting in his room, because it puts me to sleep when I can't and I've been sleeping on Josh's bed more than I have slept on mine in the past months.

I went deeper on the bathtub as I grow more anxious, until my jaw reaches the water line. A knock on the door startled me out of my wits, and I jump back in surprise.

"Come in!" I shout. The knob turns and Josh comes in.

"I finished downstairs. Thought I'd just bathe with you." A smile crept up on my lips. We haven't done this in a very long time.

"Okay." He starts to undress. First his shirt. Going downward. I don't turn my eyes away. I have seen him already like a million times.

He goes in. The tub is big enough for us, but our legs touch.

"I'm gonna smell like you after this." He says, and I let out a small laugh.

All of a sudden, I imagined us living together. Again. And I grew uncomfortable, thinking of such a future-related thing. I shift in my place and take a deep breath.

"What are you thinking?" Josh asks, and I look up at him. Do I dare tell him? He'll freak out if I do.

"Nothing." I say, averting my eyes and instead looking in the water.

"You're doing your thinking face."

"Fine." I give up. This conversation is going nowhere, and it's still gonna end up on me saying what I'm thinking.

You can just lie, you know. I can't. I'm too preoccupied with this stuff and it's eating me alive.

"I was just thinking if-" I look at the tub, not wanting to see his face as I say this unthinkable thing. "If... Umm.."

I grew speechless. I'm stuttering and my tongue is tied.

"If?" He asks. My heart is pounding in my ribs. I'm too nervous. Let's just get this over, Jen. Come on.

"Do you want to live together?" My mouth spoke before I even thought of it.

I see Josh's face. I can't register his reaction. Is he shocked? Happy? Angry?

"Did I hear that right?" He asks, and all I want to do is drown myself in the freaking bathtub and God let me die. "You want to live together?"

"Yeah." Is all I can say.

"Of course I do." He says, and he starts to laugh.

"We're moving in together?" I ask, suddenly filled with joy and I couldn't believe what I'm saying. This is it. It's real.

"We're moving in." He assures me, and I'm so ecstatic that I hugged him in that bathtub. I don't care anymore about anything else.

I kiss him a bit, and I smile, looking at his eyes.

"God, I love you." I mutter under my breath.

"I love you too." I kiss him once again.

←←←→→→

"Like Josh and I live down the street from each other." I said on a GMA interview. Only, I was half lying. I don't live down the street from Josh's, I live with Josh.

"Bad idea." He said.

"I moved in after him." I leaned forward to him, raising my eyebrows, amused at the thought of lying but subtly dropping a hint I see a smirk form in his lips. And a smile crept up on me.

"She followed me."

"I did."

I moved in last week. Most of my stuff is in his house, but I'm not selling my house yet. For emergency reasons.

But are we really ready for this? Is this for eternity now? Are we both so sure of our relationship that we decided to take a huge step towards it?

Only God knows the answer to those questions.

○○○○○○○

Yay I updated.

I have another chapter halfway done, and I have lots of time. So cross your fingers that I don't get lazy haha. Thanks for everyone who still stands by and reads this fic.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

And if you do, don't forget to leave a vote or comment. Stay awesome!