1 - The Story Begins

The Story Begins

I wake to the ringing of a clock.

Damn that alarm clock.

Why did I set this alarm so early, again?

Oh.. That's right. My manager scheduled me to audition for the part of Katniss Everdeen in the upcoming movie, The Hunger Games.

I sleepily go out of bed and went to the bathroom. I look at the mirror and, not surprisingly, finds my hair sticking out in every direction possible to mankind.

I wash my face, groaning as the impossibly freezing cold water hits my face. After my 'business' in the bathroom, I go downstairs, losing my sense of balance, making every step hard to make.

I walk to the kitchen, and do the usual, which is of course, eat.

I hear the roar of an engine outside, and I immediately know who that is. Taylor, my manager. The front door clicks, which I'm not even surprised, as she has a spare key of my house.

"You're not yet ready? Come on, Jen 30 minutes top, we should ready to go." Well, not a very pleasant thing to hear first thing in the morning.

"The audition is at 7:30. Hell, I still have an hour." I say, taking a large bite of leftover pizza from last night.

"Just hurry up." she says, a tone of irritation present in her voice, but she's used to it.

After I finish my not-too-satisfying breakfast, I go upstairs, with a bit of energy going on my body. Which is of coursed caused by two slices of pizza, a bowl of Cap'n Crunch and orange juice.

Not very healthy, but whatever.

I open my bedroom door, technically slamming it, because of the sound it caused, but that wasn't in any way, intended.

So while I'm here, I did this and that. Here and there.

Do you really want to get bored out of your mind with the details? Well, if I did a whole 'bout of cheerleading routines while changing, I sure as hell would tell you that.

But it's a shame I didn't, so I'll just stick with not telling you what I'm doing. Just think about what you do in the morning, and that's it. Really, I'm human, who doesn't possess any other-worldly powers.

I go downstairs, of course after I finished preparing, and go to the garage for Taylor to give me a ride. Yes, I do have a car, but I'm not up to driving myself to the audition building, even though it's just a 15 minute drive away.

Excuse me for being a lazy-ass.

I sit at the passenger's seat, and Taylor opens the door at the driver's while I close mine.

"Seriously, that's what you're gonna wear?" she says, as she starts up the engine. I look up and down my clothes, seeing nothing wrong with it. It seems presentable enough, I think. "Don't you think it's a little bit too girly for Katniss?"

"Oh right..." Well done, Jen. "Guess I'll just have to make up for that, by doing incredibly good at that audition."

"You better." she says, but I can't quite put my finger to what she's implying. Is she giving me a death threat? I hope not.

☆★☆★☆★☆

After an exhausting day at the audition- not to mention the embarrassing fall I had when I slipped because of a spilled water, and that guy who had to catch me before my face falls flat on the floor, which I even forgot to give thanks too- I give a heavy sigh as I ride the elevator.

Just as before the elevator closes, a hand stops it, and it opens. The guy who rides it, and it takes me half a nanosecond to realize who that was. The guy who saved me from much much embarrassment.