36 - Stay

Stay

One day before Valentines. And fortunately, I'm gonna spend it with Josh.

He promised that he'd last a week here, so we have 3 days left. It's sad how time passes by so fast. It's like he just came here yesterday.

Shooting the hanging tree was a lot easier when he was there. Of course, there was the occasional teasing, but it's lighter when I see him.

Now that Josh came to visit on set, Francis asked him to film some of his parts with Stanley. It wasn't in his schedule, but he agreed to it.

Francis also decided that we'll finish the nightmare scene today, with Josh's part.

"Will you stay with me?" I ask him. I'm completely Katniss now, I'm in Katniss' mind. I just had a horrid nightmare, and I need comfort. I need Peeta.

"Always." He mutters, just enough for me to hear. He proceeds to lay on my bed, and I lay on his chest. He takes me in his arms, and I close my eyes. Finding everything I need right beside me.

"Cut! That's great." Francis yells. We don't get up from our position, instead, we lay there, just feeling the moment.

"Will you stay with me?" I tease Josh, looking up at him.

"Always." I utter a small laugh, and he does too. His fingers pinch my arms, and I slap it away.

"I am so in love with you." I pull him into a bone crushing hug. I can't contain what I'm feeling. These past few days have been the best.

"There's still people here, you know." Nina is here, checking up again. She laughs as she sits on the bed we are in.

"We didn't notice, sorry." Josh and I sit up, but still close beside each other.

"I can tell." Nina laughs. Then her face starts to get serious. Oh no, did we do something wrong again? "You two are going to last long. I can just see it."

I give her a smile. She reaches out for my hand, and she holds it. Josh looks at me with those eyes that never fails to melt me.

"Be strong, okay? You know how it goes around the media. I want you two to be happy."

"They'll never know." Josh says, reassuring the both of us. As much as possible, we don't want the media involved. Although, we are both aware of the people who wants us to be together. I want them to know, but we can't risk it.

"Thank you Nina." I say, "But I know that you didn't go here just for that. Anything wrong?"

"There was a call for Josh today. They need you back on Paradise Lost, tonight." My eyes widened as Nina says those words. No, this can't be happening. Just one more night. Please.

Josh stares at my eyes. His blue ones filled with sorrow. I bite my lip, not wanting to tear up.

"Is there something we can do? I need to stay another night here." He says.

"You're the one who needs to talk to the producers." Nina says, standing up, ready to leave. "I was just here to tell you the news."

"Oh shit." Josh mutters, he pulls me in a little closer.

"It's okay. I understand." I say, because I do understand. I don't want him to lose his job just for me.

"It's not okay." He looks straight at me. "We haven't seen each other for a month. I don't want you to feel alone. I want to stay with you."

"It's okay, Josh. I know that. And I do want to spend every second with you. But I can't. That's life."

We stay speechless. His eyes are full of sorrow and regret. Then he turns his head down. I hate to see him like this. I sit up.

"Look at me." I grab his chin, and gently turn his face to mine. All I want to do is to comfort him. To reassure him that it's okay. Although I would be lying to myself too. And I need reassuring myself. There's only one thing to do.

I lean in, and slowly kiss him. In a second he kisses me back. The warmth lingers through me, and all I can think about now is him, right here

When we pull away, it's a little alright. But the fact that he'll leave soon doesn't go away.

●○●○●○●

We just finished packing, and we're walking to the stairs. I didn't want to take the elevator.

As much as possible, I want to spend the time remaining with him.

I never knew walking down the stairs would be this agonizing. And nobody's talking. Which is okay with me. I don't know what to say anyways.

I steal glances at him once in a while. And just take in all that I can with this guy. His hair is blond today, but I bet he'll dye it again to brown later.

Then my eyes fall to his lips. Those sweet and soft ones that was made to fit with mine.

I start to get anxious. I mean, when he told me he'll leave in a week, I started getting anxious.

I thought separation anxiety wasn't a real thing. But I was deemed wrong.

Before I knew it, we were walking outside the hotel. The cold hit me immediately. I regret not wearing my hoodie.

Then we're at the back of his car. I watch him load his things one by one.

"Hey, Jen. You're zoning out again." That's the first words we uttered this night. I didn't notice he finished loading, and I snap back to reality.

My body took control of my mind, and I'm now hugging him hard. Tighter than I hugged anyone in my life.

"I miss you." Even though he's here with me, I still miss him. I don't know how or why. But I just do.

He strokes my hair, then kisses the top of my head.

"I'll be back before you know it." He says when we pull away. I nod, and kiss him softly.

"Love you." I say, hugging him again.

"Love you." He responds. I watch him enter his car. He gives me one last look before he goes.

●○●○●○●

When I go back to my hotel bed, I notice he left his sweater. My favorite sweater from him. A gray one with n'sync printed on it.

I take off my shirt and wear that instead. I smell his scent, the one I have grown to love.

At least, when I sleep tonight, and all the nights I'll sleep without him, there's something to remind me that there's someone I'll wake up for.

※※※※※※※
I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded for a very very long time. And that this chapter is all I could do.

But please, understand, that wattpad is not my life (it kinda is...) And that I've been busy for many many things.

But I still hope you like this, and I hope you keep reading. I'll try to update weekly, with longer chapters.