3 - The Cast Meeting

The Cast Meeting

☆★☆★☆★☆

 Hell.

The perfect description of the week I had. Waiting for the results of the audition, and surviving the week without someone by my side.

No one. No one to talk to, and no one to laugh with.

Oh, wait. I talked with Nick at least once a day. And he visited me. Bringing me food, and watching a marathon.

But God, I miss Josh so much. I wonder how I survived life without him.

The sound of my ringing phone snaps me out of my thoughts. I read the caller id, and see Nick's name.

I'm not surprised. As I said he always calls me, and never misses a day.

"Hey, Jen." he says, with a somewhat gloomy voice. "Did you get the part?"

"I don't know yet." I say, and then I raise my brow. "Is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing."

Fuck that.

That's the problem with us. We don't really talk about what's going on inside our heads.

"Ummm.. okay, bye" I said.

"Love you."

"Love you too" I said hesitantly. I dropped my phone to my bed, and changed clothes, because I feel uncomfortable with this shirt I'm wearing. I changed to a sweater and shorts, as I was leaving my bedroom, my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Jennifer Lawrence?" Said a man from the other line, I was a bit confused, and scared, maybe this is a stalker or something. He has this deep scary voice.

Okay, sorry for being judgemental. But I fear my life once in a while. I'm an actress. And we get stalked. A lot.

"Yeah, why?" I say.

"I'm the casting director for The Hunger Games, and I'm happy to tell you that you got the part." He said.

What?! Is this true? A million emotions ran through my mind when he said that.

"Really?? Really? Thank you! Thank you!" I say, jumping up and down from my bed

"Yes. You'll be meeting with the cast tomorrow at 9:30, in the same building you auditioned, and shooting starts at next Saturday morning. You'll be flying to Georgia with the rest of the cast at Friday morning 4:00 at LAX." He says.

"Okay! Thanks again!" He ended the call, and I am now laying on my bed like a little child. It's like a dream, It's Wednesday today, I've got a whole week to pack, and get ready. I wonder if Josh got the role. Oh! Josh! I got to call him I dialed his number and he answered on the second ring.

"Did you get it!? Did you get the part!?" I shouted.

"Yes! Yes!" he says. Thank God!

"See you tomorrow!" I say. Obviously excited.

"See ya!" he says, then he hung up. I'm lying on my bed with my arms and legs spread out, as if making a snow angel. I set my alarm clock to 8:00 and went to sleep, still smiling, waiting for tomorrow, when I'll finally see Josh again.

《Josh PoV》

I still can't believe it.. I got the role of Peeta! And I'm happy for Jen too. We're gonna work together! The news is still sinking in, and I'm grinning from ear to ear. This is the happiest I've ever been in my life. I got ready for tomorrow, set my alarm clock, and waiting for tomorrow, where I'll be able to see Jen again after four days of waiting.