42 - Let Them Go

Let Them Go

After weeks and weeks and weeks of shooting nonstop, we have finally come to an end. The wrap up party is already starting.

We're having the party just here on set. They just brought drinks, large boxes of pizza and that's pretty much it.

Here it is. The last day. Well, not exactly. There's still the epilogue and the re-shoots.

But still.

I'm sitting on a table with my friends. And Josh, of course. We had so much fun shooting the last scene. One of the last scenes was me talking to Woody, but it is for Part 2.

When Francis said "cut" for the last time. It has dawned on me that there's nothing more. No more filming. No more waking up so early in the morning to work with this group of people. To be honest this is the best cast and crew I have ever worked with.

My food is just sitting in front of me. I'm not touching it. For the first time, I found my appetite is lost.

"Hey Jen, why are you not eating?" Josh asks, I take a gulp and breathe in. My eyes starts to tear up. Gosh, I'm such a cry baby.

"You probably know why." I say softly. I blink off the tears away.

"Aww Jenny gonna miss us?" Sam asks.

"Of course. Why do you need to ask that." I found myself being serious all of a sudden. This is not me. I haven't felt this sad before. Yes, my past movies has come and go, and I miss the cast. But this franchise was my family for four to five years.

I'm gonna miss the inside jokes, the pranks, the games, Liam being the third wheel, Jena's snarky remarks, Sam's sarcasm, and everything else in between.

Me and Josh are still gonna see each other, of course. In November to December, we're all gonna see each other in the promos and premieres.

They have been rendered speechless. Maybe it also dawned on them just now. That there's no more.

"I'm sorry for depressing all of you." I say, sighing.

"Come on, let's enjoy the rest of the party while it lasts!" Josh says. I don't know how he stays positive with all this. But okay, I will enjoy it.

But I don't know how and I'm not in the mood to be happy. So I just sit down there and stare at my food.

"Come on Jen." Josh says.

"What will we do?" I whine.

"Let's just dance, I know that'll make your mood." The music is blasting from the speakers and they moved all the equipments on the side so there'll be a makeshift dance floor.

Josh grabs my hand and I stand up. I don't know. I feel limp and sad. He walks me to the middle of the floor and sways my arms while he smiles like a jerk.

Because of what he's doing, I can't help but smile, while moving to the rhythm of the music.

"I told you I could make you dance."

"You can make me do whatever you want." I love it and hate it at the same time. He's so charming, I just can't help myself.

The only thing keeping me going on all this is the fact that we can see each other almost everyday.

The floor is now buzzing with people. It overwhelms me, and makes me surge with adrenaline. Maybe I will go back to myself in no time.

●○●

"Oh my god!" Jena screams, as Sam throws a dead cockroach in front of her. It lands on her feet, which made her jump. "Stop it."

Her voice echoes through the place, and I can't help but burst into laughter.