Chapter 1~ Gone

Hayden's POV - After Thoughts

Empty.

That's how it felt. It was like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. The gap couldn't be filled.

They weren't just people. They were my family. They loved me, accepted me, & wanted me. They didn't desert me, or leave me. They were always there; they always wanted me.

The Wilard's didn't discriminate. We were like family, Nick and I. Jude was my mom. Carl was my dad.

Sure they weren't biologically mine, but they were even better. My mother had left when I was seven months old. My dad was arrested when I was 7.

Darin had became my best friend. His family was my own. When I had no one they took me in. They loved me like I was theirs.

Now they're gone. Shot, dead. I don't have a family anymore. My best friend, the guy I love, doesn't have a family anymore. Right before my eyes they were taken.

You think your life is normal, simple. Then giant, exploding bombshells like this come along & it shocks you. Rattles you to the core and those who can't come back from it suffer. Giant balls of shit come hurling at you and you don't know what to say.

I'm breaking. My breaking point was losing them. Seeing all this blind aggression, hate, & complete disregard for human life.

It's not supposed to be this hard. Why? Why have I been dealt such a shit hand? Losing two sets of families.

He's the love of my life. Sure we've had our ups and downs, but that's life. We've fought over petty little things & stupid stuff.

In the end we always forgave each other. We are best friends after all, but now. Now he's gone. The people who murdered his family were the same ones that took him. They took him from me.

He was the last one left. My parents were gone. My siblings. He was the last one. He survived, but they took him took him while he was in shock. Drug him away while he couldn't help himself. While he was a grieving mess he was drug away from the only life he had ever known.

That was his defining moment. The big event that would shape the rest of his being. His life.

He was innocent. He was a good person. Now I don't know if I'll ever get to see him again. If I do is he going to be different or will he be the same old Darin, who let's nothing faze him? What kind of world is it where random people kill one another for no reason?

I just don't understand the thought process of getting to that point where you could kill another human being.

Ruining families and not looking back or caring. Hurting people so badly just because you have been hurt. What is wrong with the world? This is insane. This is crazy.

I can't deal with this. He's gone. He's gone and he's not coming back. I don't think I'll ever see him again.

Why? Why would they take him from me? He needs me. He needs me now more than ever and they just took him.

He's my best friend. I love him so much and they just took him away from me without even letting me say goodbye.

I tried to get to him. I tried to stop them. I screamed. I kicked. I fought for him & he wouldn't move. He just sat there. He didn't fight or even try to stay with me. Why wouldn't he fight? Does he not care about me?

Will he ever see me again?

--------------------------------------------

Darin's POV- Away From Them

Angry.

I'm so fucking angry. They just took them away from me. They killed them all.

My sisters, my mom, and my dad all gone. Those fucking assholes just shot them for no reason.

My family never hurt anyone. We were good people. We helped out our neighbors, we recycled, we followed the law.

Granted I was a bit of a delinquent & a player, but hey, I'm not just going to let my good looks and charms go to waste, right?

I just don't know why. This wasn't a targeted attack. This had to of been an initiation ritual. There's no other explanation for this.. This kind of violence. This can't just be a random thing.

Who would do something like this?

My sisters were so little. Adrianne was 14. Melody, 9 & Gabby was 4. Why would they do this to children? They were innocent.

It should've been me. I should've died instead of everyone else. This wasn't how I planned this. I didn't plan for any of this.

I didn't plan to lose them all. I didn't plan to break down & get drug away by the assholes who murdered my family.

I definitely didn't plan on Hayden trying, begging me to move or function. She should have slapped me or something. Now I don't even have her.

I love her and she'll never know because I'm gone. I don't know where I am. I don't know if I'll ever get to go home. And I sure as hell don't know what I'm going to do with my life.

This is so screwed. All of this is fucking insane. How can this be my life?

Just yesterday I was king of the sophomores. I was the one everybody looked up to. I was popular. I was getting laid every night & my family was perfect.

We were perfect. My mom was a sweet, gentle, amazing person. My dad was a hard ass, but he still made time to see his family & have fun. My sisters were happy & all doing great things for their varying ages.

We were happy. It was great. And now they're dead. They're all dead and I think it's my fault.

Why? Why why why? Please God. Help me.

*************************************************

So I had to rewrite the first chapter because it got deleted. It's not the same, but I feel like it's a bit better than the first one. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. Well love you guys! 😘