Chapter 49: Safety

BEN SOLO'S POV:

I wake up with my stomach throbbing. I look around the room, everything is a soft white.  I feel a gentle breeze blowing over my face. 

"Where am I?" I ask out loud. A familiar voice answers.

"You're safe," she says.

"Rey?" I respond "Where are we?" I ask trying to sit up.

"Naboo" she responds putting her hand on my chest.

I pull my hand to my head, my memory is foggy.  

"It's done..." she says to me.

"What?" I respond.

"The battle ended soon after we escaped into hyperspace.  The Resistance pushed the First Order into surrendering.  I guess Finn had the help from a slicer to bring the shields of the Supremacy down," she says to me.

I stare into her soft eyes.

With all my energy, I lift myself into a seated position.

"Ben don't!" she says concerned.

I shake my head. 

"Yes," I say back. I grab the back of her head with my hand and pull her towards me, she leaves a delicate kiss over my lips. I breathe her intoxicating smell in. 

Sensing something different about her. "Rey...is something wrong?" I ask her.

She smiles at me and glances down to pick up my right hand.  Delicately she places the palm of my hand over her lower stomach and slowly looks back into my eyes.  

I look at my hand and then back into her eyes.