Chapter 4: Supreme Leader

KYLO REN'S POV:

Back aboard the Supremacy, the ship is in complete disarray. The vessel is split in half and our surrounding forces were vaporized when their cruiser hit us at light speed.

I wonder where Rey is? Could we possibly still have a strong connection without Snoke? Would she even answer me if I reached out through the bond? I must stop thinking about her. Leaving my thoughts about her unguarded leaves me vulnerable to enemies.

I walk on the ship's bridge. Upon my arrival, I see that despicable General Hux. He approaches me as sly as ever---his proud face eager to tell me the news.

"Supreme Leader, we have taken measures into regrouping after the collision. Our armada reinforcements from the planet Vardos are en route to escort us back. We should be fully operational in six days," Hux says to me with confidence.

"Six days, General? Honestly, I expected better from someone like you. This vessel will be fully operational in four days. We will then hunt down the remainder of the rebellion and destroy them before heading back to Vardos!" I snap.

"Four days?" Hux hissed "Sir are you aware of the severity of the damage? There is no way that we could reach that time frame. Six days is even too little to make us fully operational," he responds.

"I'll leave that to you then, General. The Rebellion will be snuffed out before they regain forces. We do not know who is willing to help them and what threat this could pose. I will not return to Vardos without the rebellion destroyed," I say sternly back.

"As you command, Supreme Leader," Hux slyly responds turning away from me.

I walk out of the bridge and head towards the direction of my chambers. I need to regroup and think about my next action.

When I arrive in my quarters I decide to use the refresher and shower off the residue of my defeat.

I turn on the shower and start to undress. I enter the warm water, I get this sensation inside me pulsing throughout my body as the water runs over my body. This Catharsis...

"Where is this coming from?... It's Rey." I feel an overwhelming sensation of calm. I quickly rinse and turn off the shower.

Not wanting to lose the feeling of her I quickly step out of the shower and dry my body in a hurry. I put on new pants and boots then head into the lounge area to see if I can see her.

"I sense her, where is she? Her guard is lowering," I say aloud walking into the main room.

I head over to the lounger near the viewing window. I sit down with small drops of water dripping down my exposed chest. I place my legs in a meditation pose, close my eyes, and begin focusing on her. I still feel the presence of her and it is getting stronger. So I latch to that energy through the force and call out her name.

"Rey..."

I see her face in my mind. When she looked at me in the elevator and called me Ben. Those eyes, how they gleamed with such hope towards me. Warm surges pulse through my body and I can feel her energy appearing before me.

"Rey..." I call out again softly.