Chapter 40: Five Years

REY'S POV:

We all walk back inside the Rebel base they came out from.  Heading down a corridor we meet in a large strategy room; surrounded by the new diversity of Resistance fighters. 

Finn leads me to a hologram table at the center of the room.  

"I'll give you a quick rundown since the last time we saw you," he says looking into my eyes.  

"Basically, after you left we regained our forces and strength with the Outer Rim system's help.  Battle after battle ensued on every Resistance and First Order controlled planets you can image Rey. Both sides have been substantially crippled from the endless war.  The First Order is now controlled by a Kylo Ren and our intelligence points us to another being as well.  We don't know much about this other force wielder, other than he's extremely dangerous.  However, they have just lost their advantage now," he says smiling at me.

"Other force user?" I slowly question remembering my vision in the Valley of the Jedi.

"We know he is non-human and goes by the name Dormeh.  Kylo Ren has assumed a kingship over the galaxies but secretly is controlled by the Sith," he finishes.

My heart stops.  The vision I saw in the white light was true.

"But now, we have you back, the fields are level," he says to me with confidence. 

The thought of Ben starts emerging in my mind.  I can feel his presence growing inside of me.  The bond surges and I feel him entering my thoughts and coursing through my veins. He is able to shield his thoughts from me now.  I don't know what he is thinking but I still feel him drawing nearer.

"Finn..." I grab his shoulder looking in his eyes.

"They are coming," I say panicked.

"How do you know?" He asks. 

"The bond from before is growing back stronger than ever. I can sense his rage building but I don't know what he is thinking.  He is blocking me.  I can sense they are on their way here.  They now know I am here..." I say staring into his eyes.

Finn turns to the other commanders behind him "Everyone! The First Order is on their way here! Call to arms! Prepare for attack!" he yells.

Poe chimes in "Sound the alarm!" he yells.

I stare at Finn in amazement.  He has changed so much in the time we have been separated.  The once timid and afraid person has grown into a strong and wise leader.  Everyone around him respects him, and he has ignited the spark again for the resistance. 

The base sounds the alarm and all fighters begin readying for an attack. Personnel rush past me to their assigned stations. The room and the base go into organized chaos.

Finn ushers me to a person in command.  

"Please get her some winter apparel.  It is supposed to start snowing tonight," he tells a soldier near us. 

"Right this way," the woman tells me.

"Snow?" I question out loud.