15

days after the incident, hyunjin had no trace of seungmin. even at school, he noticed when he'd pass by the choir class he was no where to be seen.

he even started to ask his own friends, but all they would say is. "seungmin who what?"

it seemed as if nobody really knew about seungmin. as if he was a background character without any purpose. sitting alone at lunch, he waited for any new news. knowing if seungmin told the truth, the story would be up immediately.

"come on minnie, where are you.."

••
••

with seungmin, he got himself examined in the hospital. checking out his multiple bruises, scars and even the noticeable gash on his forehead.

"seungmin, when did this all start. please tell me." the doctor asked politely, a man from child protective services was behind him. taking notes.

"well my mother left my father and I when I was younger. the beatings weren't that occasional, but once I grew older they came more often. also they grew harder as well."

the doctor nodded, "and where is this from." as he brushed his thumb across the gash. seungmin pushed his hand gently away.

"sorry it somewhat still hurts. but my father smashed a beer bottle on my head."

the person behind the doctor shook his head, "how could someone have the guts to do that.."

seungmin shrugged, having no reply. all he wanted was to get out as soon as possible. he understood they were helping him, but he wanted to get to hyunjin as soon as possible. knowing the boy, he must have been worried sick.

but he had one important question, where was he going to stay? his father obviously would have to be questioned and police would have to listen to his side of the story. but what if his father is finally gone? would he be able to stay with hyunjin.

or would he be taken into some foster home?

"s—so..if some bad things. for example my father going to court and he goes to jail. what would happen to me?"

the doctor looked back to the person behind him, the man cleared his throat. "that is a good question, if you have any nearby family they could take you in.-"

welp. I got no one.

"or you'd be sent into a foster home."

ah fuck.

"if I was put in a foster home, would I be able to live near my school. you know? continue my life and pretend this never happened."

he then shrugged, "that's a question I cannot answer. I'm sorry."

seungmin shook his head, "no it's totally fine. I understand, I just wanted some clarification."

the man nodded as well, "I'll be taking my leave. rest well seungmin, my team might be coming back to ask you a couple questions. is that alright?"

"I mean why not. that's your job."

"thank you."

seungmin slightly smiled, "no problem."

but once he left, the doctor as well took his leave to give the results to another staff member. he pouted for the rest of the day, the possibility of not being able to be with hyunjin ran through his mind.

and that was one thing he didn't wish for. because he was the only one, he had.

> 11:47 pm <