1 - "How's my little one doing?"

"That movie was awesome" I exclaim, a grin representing my happiness as I turn my head to look at my best friend.

"It sure was" he chuckles but nods his head as well before he takes a sip of the coke we shared in the movies but couldn't finish.

"And flipping Owen Grady? He's so funny, I love Chris Pratt" a dreamy sigh escapes my lips, my eyes fixed on Daniel as I wait for his reaction.

"Stop drooling over him, I won't let you sleep at my place if you don't shut up about him" he rolls his eyes dramatically.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop" a few giggles follow my words as I nudge his shoulder slightly.

It does have its perks to be friends with someone who lives in a huge house, with no parents and no strict rules, besides its closer to the movies than where I live.
Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but as I spent 19 years with them, some time away does sound quite relaxing.

"That's what I thought" the boy to my left winks at me.

"Oh shush" It's my time to roll my eyes.

Reaching my fingers out to the cup, I try to snatch the drink from his hands as he seems to catch on and pulls it further away from me.

"Oh come on. I paid for it" I pout a hand flying to hit his chest lightly.

"Actually, I paid for it. You covered the tickets, remember?" He raises an eyebrow but offers me the drink anyways.

"Thanks" a playful glare is thrown his way as I grab the coke and take a sip.

We always pay for each other. None of us keeps track of it though and we never started owing one another anything. It's a friendship thing I guess, I honestly can't stand people who insist on getting repayed immediately for something like a drink.

"When do you have to leave tomorrow?" A nudge to my side pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Well, work starts at 9 am, so I guess I'll leave at around 8.30. Don't worry, if you miss me too much, I come around after work" I inform Daniel, adding a cheeky wink at my last words.

"Oh, get over yourself" Daniel rolls his eyes, chuckling slightly.

"Come on, I know you love me" I start walking in front of him as we get closer to the door, turning around to send him a big smirk, making me walk a few steps backwards.

"I do?" He tilts his head, mimicking a thoughtful expression.

"Of course you do. Who wouldn't love me?" I raise an eyebrow, getting to the door, I lean against the doorframe, crossing my arms.

"Wow" he scoffs as he shakes his head.

"Speechless, I see" a smirk grows on my face.

"Just shut up and let me open the door" he pushes past me as I hold up my hands in false defense.

As soon as he unlocks the door, I push past him this time and kick my shoes off in the corridor before I make my way to the kitchen, not wasting a second to wait for Daniel.

"Hey guys!" I grin at the two boys that are busy with working on something that honestly smells pretty good.

If I had to guess I'd say it's something like lasagna, but I can't be sure, as I don't get a look at what it is, with their backs blocking my view.
Unfortunately, it seems to have meat in it, so nothing for me...

"Cameron!" Zach exclaims, immediately turning on his heel and offering me a big grin as he opens his arms for me.

"How's my little one doing?" I tease accepting his hug.