Seven

S E V E N

I knew I should've just had a haircut instead.

Wait no scratch that - I already had it in mind - but I should've done it anyway.

Disguising yourself as a boy? Yup, it was easier said than done. Reading this story, I hope you all figured that this method is a one-way ticket to epic humiliation.

"I-It's not how it looks..." I attempted to convince a very bewildered Skylar, but the tone I said it in and the way I trembled made it quite obvious that it was exactly how it looked.

Skylar's shocked face broke into a large grin that read, 'please, I can see right through you.' "It's not how it looks? Then justify why you're wearing a wig in order to cover your baldilocks?"

"Say what?"

"Right now, i've found out that Riley Coleman is bald and..." He shrugged. "I might just keep it a secret."

Well... That's not exactly the case, but sure.

I laughed nervously. Thank the heavens he had mistaken me for being bald, which was much safer than the truth and you know what? I went with the flow. "Oh no you found out! Well this is very embarrassing-"

"You've been discovered that you're bald," he pointed out. "Of course it's embarrassing. Am I the first one to know about this though?"

I swallowed. "Yes. Yes you are."

"Then you're in luck Coleman because I wont reveal it to anyone, but in one condition."

"That is..?"

"Tell nobody I work here, capish?"

I grinned and nodded visciously. "Got it."

He shot me one of his effortless charming smiles. "Cool, we have a deal then. Now go home, this is no place for dorks."

I rolled my eyes but headed off anyway. Boo yeah! I was saved... For now.

✦✧✦✧

Aggressively jabbing the key into the keyhole, I mentally prayed that nobody was awake. Much to my luck, the atmosphere was dead silent, considering all I could hear was the sound of the crickets through the half-opened door. Shivering by the suddenly slight wind, I shut the door and tip-toed through the hallway.

"Yeah, I'll bring them to the usual spot tomorrow." I heard a voice from the living room. Shoot! Quickly backing up against the wall, I slightly peaked to see the silhouette of whom happened to be the most muscular boxer living in our house. "Nah, don't sweat. I'll come alone as promised."

An audible tap was heard, indicating Triston had ended the call, and a sigh after that. What was that about? Don't tell me he's part of a mafia gang, or selling illegal drugs and all that jazz. Oh boy -- what if I was living in the same mansion of a home with a criminal? What if his plan was to take over Elva's company and I was the only one who knew? I mean John told me he was quite a mysterious person, but it never came to mind it would be related to crime! If that's the case then how was I supposed to protect everybody? Triston was huge and possessed gigantic muscles, whereas I might've been the cause to Skylar's swollen jaw, but comparing me to Triston would be comparing a tree to a twig.

Big difference right there.

And things were about to get madder when his head twisted to my direction as I swiftly ducked away, holding my breath to lower his suspicions of having company. Oops, didn't see that coming. And once again, I prayed to the Lord he didn't see that-