Twenty-Eight

OMG I thought I already updated! Sorry, it's so confusing juggling two books at the same time!

And apologies again for such a short chapter... it's because the ending is pretty near and I'm so scared! I've never finished a book before so I want the last chapter to be very special and meaningful, and not rushed or anything.

Don't worry, the end won't be until after 5 or more chapters though. :)

Anyhoos, enjooy loves xx

T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Wow, for someone who hadn't dated girls in years, he was a really good kisser.

Too bad it didn't last for very long.

Orio came barging through the door and grabbed my arm, pulling me away from Chance's sweet, minty lips. "Sorry lovebirds I hate to do this, but this is a super-emergency!"

"But—" I tried to protest, feeling disappointed.

"Wait!" Chance called, leaping towards my retreating body and grabbed my other arm. "Give us just a minute, I need to ask her something important."

My eyes lit up with curiosity. Could it possibly be...?

"Orio, please?" I begged, casting him the puppy-dog face and trying to communicate to him how much this means to me.

Orio ran his eyes between us, mentally considering his options. Alas, he sighed. "Fine, one minute!" He released his grasp on my arms, walked to the corner of the room and crossed his arms impatiently.

Chance cleared his throat. "Er Orio, I'm gonna need you to get out man."

He used my nickname again, but this time, I didn't really mind. I was too excited for whatever he was going to ask me!

Orio's lips twitched in agitation. "Fine, boy. I'll leave." With that he rushed out of the toilets, leaving Chance to finally pop the question I've been waiting anxiously for.

Chance, whose hand is still gripped protectively onto my arm, gripped more securely. Not that I was complaining. His beautiful brown eyes bored into mine, looking nervous and almost scared. Scared? Chance, the tough guy, scared?

"I know this is really weird to say in the uh, boys toilets but..." He drawled awkwardly which made a smile unwillingly play on my lips. Oh man, he looked so nervous!

But...?" I inquired, biting my lip. Oh my god, he's going to ask me on a—

"Do you want to come to my sister's wedding with me tonight?"

My heart leaped out of my chest. I knew it!

Trying to conceal my excitement so then I don't look like a weirdo, I rose a brow playfully. "As a boy or as a girl?"

"As a boy." His face was so genuine that he must have been serious.

My smile dropped. "Oh."

Then his lips turned up into a small smirk. "As a girl, dumb-ass."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Oh so he's a jokester now? Well, two can play at that game. With a smirk much wider than his, I replied with a simple yet very menacing, "I'll think about it."

Voila! And that's how you drive a boy insane. Well, at least I think so... I mean, it would drive me insane of curiosity to know if it's a yes or no, and I'm pretty much half-dude.

My heart dropped as I remembered a certain something. Not for long.

✦✧✦✧

"Riley Jean Coleman."

Orio stood there with a grim look plastered on his face. By his look, how his arms were crossed and the fact that he hadn't even touched his lunch told me that Orio was dead serious.

I gulped nervously, daring to question him, "How do you know my real name?"

Orio shrugged. "I have my ways, but that's not the point!" He looked left and right, before leaning in with a sad smile. "Is it true?"

"That me and Chance are togeth—"

"No silly, that was bound to happen girl." The look on his face made it seem like it was such an obvious thing. "I'm talking about how you're apparently leaving in less than five days."

I gasped. "Where did you get that from?"

Orio smirked before once again saying, "Like I said, I have my ways."

My eyes widened and I turned into a statue, unable to say a word, let alone do anything. What on Earth was Orio's 'ways' of finding out things?!

However, my actions spoke the words for me. Orio's eyes widened and he just barely whispered, "No."

Recovering from my state of shock, I smiled sadly. "Unfortunately, yeah."

"But you're my best friend," Orio's eyes looked glossy and I quickly wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"And you will always be mine! It's not goodbye forever." I assured him, resting my head on his shoulders.

He sniffed. "It better not be, you have to call me everyday."

I chuckled. "I promise I will."

"Where will you be going?"

There was bitterness in my voice when I said, "To live with my grandparents. They completely threw my parents away, I don't know why they want me."

"If they give you any trouble, tell me and I'll take care of it." At Orio's words, I raise a brow. He shrugged before smirking. "I told you, I have my ways."

I let out a snort. "Right. Thanks Orio."

"Girl, anytime." He laughed. Then he looked down in thought. "Does Chance know?"

My body immediately tensed. "No. I'm planning to tell him at our date tonight."

"O-M-G!" Orio's face immediately lit up as he gripped onto my shoulders. "You're going on a date?"

I laughed softly, grinning like an idiot. "Yup, I'm going on a date."

Orio squealed, causing me to wince. "My girl's going on a flipping date with the incredibly hot Chance Mont—"

He didn't get to finish the sentence because I clamped my hand onto his mouth. "Sheesh, any louder Orio?!"

Orio grinned, wriggling his eyebrows. "Is that a challenge?"

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, Orio I'm actually kind of freaking out."

Finally taking a bite out of his burger, he rose a brow. "Why?"

"Because this date is at his sister's wedding."

Orio nearly choke on his burger. "Oh crap, that's fancy."

"That's the problem. Believe or not, I don't own much formal clothes. Unless you want me to turn up there wearing a bright green tuxedo."

Orio furrowed his eyes. "Girl, why do you have a bright green tuxedo?"

I smirked mockingly. "I have my ways."

Orio watched me suspiciously for a few moments, before finally accepting his backlash. "Touché."

My smirk deepened. "So, you and Jackson huh?"

Orio gasped. "How'd you know?"

I chuckled before imitating him once again, "like I said, I have my—"

"Okay I get it," He snapped, earning a soulful laughter from me. He sighed. "I said no though."

My laugh was immediately cut short. "What?!"

"Sorry hun. I realised he truly wasn't the one for me when I confessed yesterday."

"Oh." Although I felt sad internally due to the fact that I was really rooting for them, I still told him, "I'm happy as long as you are."

"Aww darling!" He embraced me in a brief hug. Then, he grinned. "So about that dress... shall we take a trip to the boutiques?"

✦✧✦✧