Twenty-Nine

Hey hey hey everybody! I'm so sorry that it's been over a week since I've updated but hey — here's a super long chapter for you guyss! <3

If you care about the reason, it's because I left all my holiday homework to last minute and created complete chaos for myself!

Kids, don't ever do this in senior school. I'm telling you, it won't be pretty.

Anyhoos, enjoooy lovelies xx

T W E N T Y – N I N E

"Riley!" Orio panic-stricken voice sung impatiently from behind the curtains of the changing room. "I don't mean to rush you or anything, but hurry! We only have five minutes until your date picks you up."

"C-coming!" I squeaked, staring at myself in the mirror in awe. Well, not exactly me — more like the one shouldered, lavender-silk gown that hugged my feminine curves perfectly and then flowed lusciously down to lay slightly on the floor. There was a slit in the middle too, however it was only visible when I'd bend my knees.

Wow, Orio had real good taste.

Grabbing hold of as much of the dress as possible to avoid tripping over, I rushed over and opened the curtains wide to reveal my final look to Orio and Brianna the stylist, who were sat on the couch with bored expressions.

However, the moment their eyes swept over me their jaws slung open. I grinned. Do I really look that amazing?

"You look horrible!" Brianna spat with wide eyes.

My grin flipped over and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?!"

"Yeah, what?!" Orio repeated, turning to her with an outraged look. "She looks beautiful!"

I blushed, a smile slowly creeping up to my lips. Awe.

Brianna flickered her eyes between us, loss for words. Then she looked down, appearing to be confused and embarrassed. "I'm so sorry. My niece told me that my makeup was horrible the other day and when I almost started crying, she told me that 'horrible' is the new 'gorgeous'. But clearly she lied, my makeup is just plain horrible."

"Awww." Orio and I cooed simultaneously, giving her a hug.

"I think your makeup is flawless." I smiled.

"Same, your niece has no idea what she's talking about." Orio nodded sassily.

Brianna smiled back. "Thanks guys, you're both the sweetest!" Her smile slowly faltered when she saw the time. "Alright no more chit-chat, you better get going now!"

Orio gasped. "True, let's go." He grabbed my wrist and started pulling me out of the dressing room.

You must be wondering—what happened to our trip to the boutiques? Well, the trip did happen, and the dresses were mouth-droolingly stunning, but one look at the price tags and we were out of there faster than Bolt. Seriously, you could buy two houses with the price of one of those dresses!

We ran down the empty hallways of the mansion, feeling thankful that no one was home yet due to the Hemmings twin's boxing match. Man, I wish I could stop missing out on their matches.

It took about five minutes to arrive at the front door and on cue, the door opened to reveal a smoking-hot Chance in a white tuxedo.

Sweet Papi, I had now officially witnessed heaven.

I was standing there in a slightly slanted position, puffing my heart out (not because I ran, but because I can't breathe due to my date looking so ethereal in a white tuxedo) in a dreamy trance, drooling.