Prologue

R I L E Y
&  T H E
B O X E R S

P.S. No, this book is not about men's underwear.

W A R N I N G / s

I WAS 13 YEARS OLD WHEN I WROTE THIS!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

This book contains extensive foul language. Please do not complain because you have just been warned. Oh, and not to mention the very cliche-ness throughout the entire story. If you don't like cliche stories, I advise not to read any further.

I actually don't know as much about boxing, so rules and such are all fictional. Please bear with me!

This is also my first time writing a book so please excuse my horrid writing! ALL CHAPTERS ARE COMPLETELY UNEDITED! EDITING WILL START ONCE THE BOOK IS COMPLETE.

Thank you! I hope you enjooy :)

P R O L O G U E

"Let's hear a speech from Mr and Mrs Coleman's daughter, Riley." Mrs Summers, The Coleman's neighbour announced as the bereaved mourners politely and silently awaited for Riley to appear on stage.

But she didn't.

A few minutes passed and yet, no sign of her. Mrs Summers approached the microphone, clearing her voice before repeating, "Riley? Riley Coleman..?"

"She's not anywhere to be seen." The security guard informed her. "We assume she ran off."

Mrs Summers took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment, before muttering. "Typical."

~ Riley Coleman's Point of View ~

Funerals? What a bunch load of jack.

When that word popped up in my mind, I'd cringe. All funerals ever did to me was made the matter worse. Funerals basically certified the fact someone was gone forever, and that's something you would never want to believe or face. My parents were my everything; my life. And without them? I'm nothing! If I had attended the funeral, the poor place would be a river by now. And what's worse? People would pity me, which is what I dread to be. It makes the whole situation so much more harder. Why the hell would I want that? I mean, who would even want that?

No one!

It was a horrible and painful feeling. Plus if I wanted to gust out my feelings, I had a pillow for that—

Oh oops, my bad, I didn't. Because I no longer had a home either.

Thank the mighty owner of my parent's rented house to take it back, since we never even paid this year's rent. His last words?

"Go live with your grandparents."

But my parents and grandparents were never in good terms. Yes, my parents were one of those couples who ran away for the sake of their boundless love...

... Let's not talk about them, actually. I can't afford to breakdown anymore.

As you could see, I had a lot on my plate. But everyone has an escape, right? Whether it's your own room, treehouse, maybe even a hobby or a place. My escape was not just a place, but a different world. I lived in a city and this little area was rather the opposite. It screamed mother nature in every way and it had been doing that since I first discovered it, which was at the age of six.

I sat at the slope of a small hill, glancing at the shimmering lake ahead. On the left was a large rock-hill with water cascading down. Trees surround the area everywhere as birds chirped every now and then. Sometimes I wondered if there was a magic dimension on the other side of the waterfall, just like in Swan Lake. Nevertheless, I was too lethargic to try.