One

O N E

The ride to my newly discovered Aunt Elva's home was petrifying for three reasons:

One, what else have fate stored for me?

Two, how would I be able to cope with seven teenage boys in a mansion that was transformed into a boxing training apartment? Wait, how was I even meant to live up to Aunt Elva's beliefs for the time being?

And three, why was John staring at me like that?

Hesitantly, I slightly tilted my head to peek a glance at John's fixed, motionless face whilst he glared right at me back as if he was lifeless. Boy, did he creep me out.

I shuffled further away, but that was an epic fail since I was secured with a seatbelt. Yet, I didn't feel secured at all...

When we had finally arrived, relief stroke within me as John finally averted his eyes away and leaned closer to the driver. "Round to the back."

Well, seemed like the relief didn't last very long.

Immediately my stomach churned. That was it, that was when I was going to be coverted into something I was the complete opposite of; male. Though I wasn't a polar opposite, I must admit I was a bit of a tomboy. Dresses weren't my first priority, neither were high heels or makeup.

Even so, how was I going to pull this off? Obviously it would've turned out to be a complete fiasco, right?

But could I turn back now?

That produced more thoughts. What would have happened if I said no? Would it have turned out like this? Would I had heard John say, "round to the back corner?"

Would it have been a better choice?

Before I knew it, I was scurrying down a small, modern-style hallway with plain-white walls and polished, mahogany flooring. John beckoned me into a room as I followed suit without uttering a word, but boy was I certainly not prepared to be amused.

In front of me was a large dressing room with rows of clothes and about five expertise people standing in one line. I was almost as if John already organised this-

"Just for your information, I already organised this." John spoke. Thought so. "Just in case anything happened, you know."

Yes John, because mistaking a niece for a nephew happens all the time.

"This is Riley, right?" One of the professionals stepped forward, checking me up and down. I groaned, how many times did that happen to me today?

"Yes, Brianna." John rolled his eyes. "Do you think you can pull it off?"

Brianna smirked. "One thousand percent sure."

I furrowed my eyebrows. What was that supposed to mean?

✦✧✦✧

After what seemed like years, everything was sorted out and ready. I glared at myself in the mirror in utter shock. Dear Lord, that woman really was 1000% sure because I actually looked like a dude!

My straight, chestnut-coloured hair was no longer flowing down my back but was instead covered by a straight-haired wig with flippy bangs that were the same coloured as my original hair. My eyebrows were covered up by a thick bushy line of hair to spike up my machoness. Not to mention this elastic thing that clipped around my chest to flatten my breasts, even though I didn't really have any. For my outfit I was wearing a checkered dress shirt, blue baggy jeans and red sneakers. If I were to suddenly meet myself one day, I would fall for it. Or that's what I at least wanted to believe.