Twenty-four

This is super embarrassing to admit, but I think I'm back while on hold faster than I've ever been normally. LOL sorry bout that.... or maybe not because well, I'm finally back! Eeeeeep <3

This chapter is dedicated to the most sweetest cupcake @Inannamartinez ! Thank you for motivating me to keep writing this book! <3

Recap: Riley went to the M.O.B Headquarters to return the necklace which that creepy-stalker man dropped at the celebration party. Chance, not wanting Riley to go for some odd reason, chases after her and at last minute hops on her back which was a really sad idea because the elevator doors open on cue to reveal Mr Montes who is not only Chance's mighty father but also is the big boss of the entire company. Seeing that his son actually has a friend, he invites her to his office. Riley remembers clearly of what Lily told her at the camp, which is the fact that Mr Montes is a very dark and evil man who spiked Lily's drink, and keeps her guards up. However, throughout the entire encounter she finds Mr Montes isn't so bad after all. So was Lily lying?

Enjooooy xx

T W E N T Y - F O U R

"Okay, okay! I might've added a few lies here and there..." Lily confessed, rummaging through her locker with a guilty look plastered on her face. "Like, there was no motorcycle accidents ─ and no, I wasn't in a coma ─ and no, Mr Montes did not bribe me with money otherwise I would be living in a mansion right no-"

For the first time, I actually face-palmed myself.

"So basically you made up the entire thing?" Orio budded in, looking more annoyed and furious than myself. Which says a lot because, I for one, was hella pissed.

"Well when you put it that way..." With that guilty look inevitably displayed on her face, she didn't even need to utter the next word. "Yup."

I stood there completely speechless for a couple of moments before waving my hands frantically in the air. "What the hell! Why?"

"Because," She slammed her locker door shut irritatedly. "I know your little secret, remember?"

I gulped, trying to hide away my fearful emotions. "That I'm actually bald?" I pretended to be shocked (in which if I do say myself, was pretty convincing) all in hopes that she had forgotten about my secret ─ even though it is probably not very likely by a long-shot.

I mean, this was Lily after all; the girl who was unrequitedly in love with Chance who was, in fact, my roommate. And if any girl other than her ─ even if it was literally a five year old kid ─ had any type of connection with Chance, it'll sit in her deep.

However, Lilly didn't seem to have bought it. "No, you weirdo! The fact that you're actually a gir─"

"MAN DO I HAVE A LOUD VOICE!" Orio's sudden use of his mighty vocal cords caused me to instantly cover my ears before they'd commit suicide.

Okay well, I shouldn't be complaining — he just saved my LIFE!

However, it seemed like the other students in the hallway also felt the same way about Orio's sudden outburst, since everyone was staring at him and looking extremely disturbed too.

Orio simply smiled sheepishly at them before turning back to Lily with a furious glare. "O-M-G, people could've heard that you know!"

Lilly smiled, "Sorry," and then it altered into a smirk. "For not feeling sorry."

I rolled my eyes and leaned in to whisper, "I'm a girl, so what?"

"So what?" She hissed, her voice shifting into a whisper. "So what is the fact that you are a girl, duh! And you sleep in the same room as Chance!"