Twenty-Two

A/N: IT'S ABOUT TIME I'M BACK, RIGHT? HAHAHA

Before I start this chapter, I have a plot hole to announce that I just wasn't able to patch up in this story. And that is.... The Chef's part! remember how Riley was told by Mrs Pebbles to meet the chef because he had something to tell her? Well, guys, I was meant to add in the scene where she did meet the chef, but because of my lacking memory I completely forgot. Yeep, sorry about that! Anyway, the chef turned out to be the massive scary dude that caused her to run away after she took a shower at night. He's actually really nice and wanted to return her belongings that she dropped! :)

I hope that helped, just incase you guys were curious about the mysterious chef ;)

Without any further ado, here's the chapter & I hope you all enjoy! :D

Love - NC

T W E N T Y - T W O

I thought I would had never come to say this, but it felt amazing to be back.

I placed my bulky camping bag down - away from my soar and aching shoulders. It felt like a massage lifting the weight off my shoulders... In both ways if you know what I mean.

With a breath of relief, I took in the familiar view of the mansion that I have been living in for the passed four months.

Although I've only been away for three days, why do I feel like it's been three months? Man I missed this place! It was starting to feel homely to me too - which I know, is kind of a bad thing since I'll be leaving within a year or so.

Forgetting about the bag that carried my precious belongings, I rushed through the coincidentally opened main door, ran through the living room and into the kitchen where the shining, silver fridge stood. For the past five hours my stomach has been growling like a wild dog on loose, and all I could think about is food or if anyone can hear the growls. Heck, I couldn't even listen to music because my stomach was stealing the 'spotlight'.

Desperately, I pulled open the door and almost erupted with tears of true joy. Food, when will it ever make me sad?

It was as if I was peeking through heaven. Hmm, where shall I start?

My heart nearly skipped a beat; every shelf and compartment was packed, and it couldn't have made me giddier. I have to admit, this fridge was what I had been dreaming about every camping night; the various flavours of ice-cream, the bundle of Lindt chocolate-y joy, the freshly made cupcakes that John made every Thursdays-

"Don't even think about it," The sharp, thick french accent pierced through my ears, making me wince.

Never mind the cupcakes...

"John!" I laughed, slowly twisting my body to face his. "Great to see you too-"

"Whatever you do, do not touch the cupcakes!" He snapped, shaking his head to himself in disappointment. Woah, he sure loves his cupcakes. "I don't know who, but someone keeps eating them away every time I bake them. It's not you who eats them... Is that right?"

"Yup, don't worry." I replied confidently, feeling certainly honest and fairly innocent. "Not even a single one."

He sighed a breath of relief. "Good to hear, I'm glad it's not you." Suddenly he took a step closer and with a quieter voice he asked, "Then do you know who keeps eating my cupcakes?"

I gulped. Um, about that...

"You should totally try John's cupcakes, they are so delicious! Seriously, he should create a cupcake business or something. Girl I'm telling you, they're irresistible!"