Nine

Dedications to @lovin_just_anything for this BRILLIANT banner! <3

N I N E

Let's bring this plan to action, shall we?

Striding down the school hallway, I nodded and replied smoothly to every greeting I got. And then it hit me - Woah, I'm actually popular! What on earth had Orio done? I must admit though -- being normal is so much more comfortable than this, but hey at least this was better than being known for a bad reputation, am I right?

I gulped. I have to do this. I must do this. This was, by far this week, the most terrifying thing I had to do... And it was only Tuesday. I squirmed silently under my breath as I came closer and closer. Damn, I was so scared my hands were visibly shaking. But I had to do this, for the sake of the plan that would follow through to my master plan.

Mustering every bit of courage, I eventually did it.

I tapped on Lily's shoulder.

I stood there waiting for a moment before realising that she didn't even notice. So I just awkwardly waited behind her until she turned around. And when that happened she jumped a little, with shock shone in her eyes which then turned into fury. With her arms crossed over her chest and eyes avoiding eye-contact, she announced, "You have half a minute to say whatever the hell you want before I harm you."

Now this, I did not expect! She's giving me a little time before attacking me? I knew she was furious, but giving me some time was extremely unexpected - And because of this unexpectedness, my mind went blank which made me completely lose my words for the first ten seconds. Chills, what was I going to say?

Oh, that's right; the plan. "Listen, Chance is my friend and all, and I don't want to hook him up with someone that I hardly know-"

She laughed, "Please. Honestly, I am the only one for him. I know everything about him, we were even voted the perfect couple back in middle school! I don't need your approval because this isn't opinion-based, our perfect connection is a fact. And this time when I get him, I won't let any single girl touch him but me - especially Mariah, or Jamie - no especially that Bethany girl!"

I wanted to squeal. OMG She actually brought up Bethany! This is perfect. Now the plan is going to go better than ever!

I cleared my throat, a knowing smirk making it's way onto my lips. "Oh I know Beth, she moved in yesterday."

Her eyes immediately widened, twitching as she choke out, "No way..."

I nodded, giving her a sympathetic look. "Sadly, yes way."

"That curly-head-whose-mouth-blurts-crap-because-she-was-born-with-head-up-ass is back?"

"Precisely." I nodded again, silently chuckling at the accurate nickname. Teasingly, I added, "And she's already made a move on your soulmate."

"Oh hell no." She muttered. "We must get rid of that wench by all means."

I gasped. This was too good! My plan was rolling so flawlessly. This was definitely more easier than I thought.

I smiled happily, before quickly covering up with another smirk, "I have something in mind... Wanna come over to my house after school?"

✦✧✦✧

After the conversation with Lily in the morning, which couldn't have gone more perfectly, time passed pretty quickly and before I knew it, it was lunchtime.

At this point of the story, Orio and I had just sat down in the cafeteria. I just couldn't wait to get a taste of the salad in front of me that my grumbling stomach had longed enough. John had made this for me in order to boost my boxing ability and energy. In case you were wondering, John and I didn't stop talking actually. We had small talks every now and then, and I would fill him in with what's going on - well except for some stuff that he doesn't need to know...

Riley and the Boxers | ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें