Nineteen

N I N E T E E N

I never knew walking into a huge party could make me feel so awkward yet so agitated at the same time.

Well, It was awkward since everyone was dressed to party whereas me? I had my pyjamas on. Can you just feel how awkward that would be? It was my initial plan to sleep after I showered anyway, not rush into a party in my pj's for the sake of my best friend!

The frustration was killing me as I pushed my way through the crowd of drunken bodies dancing to the beat of the pumping music. Chance followed awkwardly behind me, glimpsing at people with a tensed body and wincing when somebody was about to touch him. I erupted into laughter at how hopeless he looked, causing me to crash into someone else.

I turned around to apologise, but Jackson's stoned face made me think twice. He slurred to meet my eyes and once he did, he smiled. "Hey Rile-e-e-e-y! You actually came-"

Well, not because I wanted to.

I grabbed his collar and dragged him into the nearby men's toilet, jabbing him into the wall. There were a few dudes doing their business, but after hearing the loud thud of Jackson's back, they swiftly scurried out the bathroom in fright.

"What have you done to Orlando?!" Shouted at him. However, he seemed to be unfazed by the venom on my words. He smiled again; that sloppy smile he made earlier. I pulled him forward and slammed him harder onto the wall again as he grunted in pain. "God dammit Jackson!" I breathed heavily. "Where the hell is he?!"

"How am I supposed to know?!" He shouted back. "Go find him yourself, and get off me too!" With great force, he pushed me away which lead me sliding across the floor on my butt. I winced in pain as my bones felt like they almost crushed into pieces. Jackson slowly stepped towards me and crouched down laughing, flicking my head that - I must admit - stung.

"What are you-"

"That," he pointed behind his shoulders and to his back. "Hurt me a lot. And it still hurts too."

I snickered bitterly. "So what do you want me to do about it? Offer you a back massage?"

"That would be nice," he laughed quietly. Then his face turned into a grimace. "But I think this would be nicer..."

In the midst of his arm swinging at me, suddenly someone jumped over me and kicked Jackson's head in mid air, which made him slid across the floor and bang his head onto the wall. The guy landed perfectly onto his feet with perpetual balance, and as he turned around to look at me I fathomed it was Chance. I mean, who else do I know that can pull such legendary moves?

He grabbed Jackson's collar and jabbed him onto the wall. I was starting to feel a little sorry for that guy, his back must be incredibly bruised. Before he could open his eyes, Chance twisted his head to the non-mirror side where he couldn't see his face.

"Now..." He whispered into Jackson's ear. A smirk tugged onto his lips. "Let's ask you again, where's Orlando?"

✦✧✦✧

Rushing into the balcony of the largest bedroom, I gasped (although you couldn't really tell since I was already panting for breath after all that running) at the sight of Orio's passed out body laid on the floor with his broken glass bottle just merely centimetres away from him. I scurried to his side and shook his shoulders. "Orio, wake up!" There was no response. "Orio!" I cried. "Please tell me you're kidding."

I began lifting his body up to take him back to the cabins, but he suddenly spoke in a barely audible voice. "S-stop."

"Orio, you need to get out of here." I whispered, unable to control the shakiness of my voice.