White, Pink and Blue

Start from the beginning

"Okay..," Kyungsoo murmured approvingly with a small voice, his squinted eyes shifting into a soft and understanding one, that made an infinite surge of comfort and relief rush inside me. I inhaled visibly, slouching, and shot him a grin. Although he didn't smile, his eyes were twinkling, and that was fine by me.

-

"What exactly happened?" I asked suddenly, after we all sat ourselves down on the mat across my bed, lying down all kind of junk food to eat in front of us. I was especially hungry, and I didn't know about the rest; but there was enough food for all of us to spare. Jongdae, Kyungsoo and I were sitting aligned, beside one another; while Baekhyun was facing all of us, his legs and arms sprawled in front of him almost carelessly.

"Oh, right," Jongdae uttered, sipping off his cola and then clearing his throat. "The triplets had made a trick. They've commanded the earth girl to fog up the entire area, so they could reach you, considering you're the one in command of us."

"It was mostly a plan B sort of thing," Kyungsoo completed, letting Jongdae munch on his chips comfortably, and I shifted my eyes to Kyungsoo immediately. "They have thought about it beforehand, that they are to attack the source when they're losing, and since you were far from the battle ground, they've thought it was good enough for their long range attack."

"They got suspended," Baekhyun dropped a comment, and I whipped my head to his direction with wide eyes and palpitating heart. Did he just say that? He caught my stare and let the corner of his lips curl into a sideway smirk. "True. What they've done to you was unethical and against the first rules of battles. You can never hurt a fellow Wielder in a battle using a warrior, considering the disadvantages of the said Wielder," he paused to ruffle his hair, and I noticed how sticky it was because of perspiration. The air was kind of humid, and I glanced at the air con to find it shut off. Oh wow, I'm an idiot.

"Hold on," I stopped him once he opened his mouth to complete, and climbed off my legs before walking to the air con across the room. I clicked it on and the sound of it roaring to life was relieving enough for me to sigh out loud. I returned to my previous place while shooting smiles to all of them, mentally thinking of why none of the warriors could just turn it on before they slept. The answer came to me faster than I expected. Because no matter how much freedom you give them, they'll never be able to do things on their own, not while they're still tied to this world of cards. That realization made me blue, my eyes softening considerably fast, when I shifted to them.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, dropping his hands away from his hair when a cool breeze of air brushed over him. I realized Kyungsoo and Jongdae were much more comfortable than before, as they sighed audibly through their nose. Their comfort made me smile.

"Anyways," Baekhyun caught all of our attention, especially mine. "After you passed out. Chanyeol, Xiumin hyung and I ended the game, knocking their warriors unconscious, and considering us winners. But some of the students went to the teachers to tell them what happened to you, as they, surprisingly, didn't like the fact the triplets had attacked you using their warriors. The adaptation teacher defended them, and he got suspended too."

"Wait, what?" I almost exclaimed, my heartbeats firing up to the sky at the absurdity I just heard from Baekhyun. He merely shrugged, looking oddly content with what he was saying, lips curled and eyes sparkling in evil mirth.

"Indeed. I suspect that he was the one that motivated the girls to spy on you, and then do anything to attack you. He dug a seed of doubt and insecurity in their heads that they started seeing blur. They just wanted to reclaim their title back, as the only females with the last rank. You may think it's stupid for one to harbor such hate towards someone because of a title, but human nature.. they're so greedy." Baekhyun chuckled evilly, and I took the cupcake closest to me and chucked it at his head. The cupcake bounced off his head to the ground, and he glared at me and massaged the spot.