Chapter Ninty-Five: Nightmares or Memories? Who the hell knows

Start from the beginning

"What did you see?"

"Flashes. I don't know what it was. There was a folder with files in them and I think they were about my parents death. They... Do you think they still have the files at work?"

Connor's LED blinked repeatedly, "Yes, They're there..."

Connor was silent for a moment as his LED turned to yellow.

"What is it?"

"They're locked. From you, Hank and I."

Tasha clicked her tongue, "What does that mean?"

"I don't know, Tasha."

"Well let's find out."

•••

3rd Person POV

Tasha quickly walked through the office, Connor following close behind as they stepped into the Captain's office.

"What can I do for you, Miss Price?"

"I'd like the files on my parents death, please."

Both of them noted the short moment of fear that flashed through Fowler's eyes. "Those files are off limits."

"Why? They're on my parents and I have a right to see them."

Fowler shook his head."I've given you my answer, Price."

Tasha glared at the captain. "I'm going to find out what you're hiding."

"Don't go looking for questions you don't want to know the answers to, Price."

Tasha walked over to her desk in anger, slamming her purse against it.

"Who pissed you off this time, princess?" Gavin asked with brows raised, his smirk fading as he saw the discouraged look on her face. "What?"

"Captain Fowler is refusing to give Tasha her parents death files." Connor answered, placing his hand on Tasha's back in an attempt to calm her.

"Refusing? Why the hell would he do that?"

"That's what we would both like to know."

Gavin crossed his arms over his chest. "Can't you hack into the system, robocop?"

Connor shook his head, ignoring Gavin's comment, "I'm incapable of doing so, there's very advanced firewalls surrounding it. It would takes days to even—"

Connor trailed on as Tasha glanced around the office, hoping an idea would jump out at her.

And it did.

Tasha slowly looked up at Gavin, giving him a strange look. He raised his eyebrows at her. "What?"

"Gavin... you have clearance for the records office."

He nodded. "Well yeah, of course I do."

"You can get me my parents files."

"No way, Tash." Gavin shook his head, walking over to his desk. "I'm sure there's a reason the files are off limits to you."

Tasha walked over to his desk, leaning against it before he could sit down, "Please, Gavin. I need your help."

Gavin glanced down at her, his brows furrowing. "Why do you even want to see them? Nothing good is gonna come of it, Tasha."

"I have to know what really happened, Gavin." She grabbed onto his hand, causing him to look at their hands. He hadn't noticed before, but her skin was nearly as soft as silk, and her being this close allowed him to smell her perfume, which was nearly intoxicating.

"Please Gavin." She begged, her green eyes meeting his, desperation shining in them.

"Y-yeah, alright. Grab your boy toy and we'll go now." Gavin said as he slowly pulled his hand away from hers.

She grinned at him, her eyes shining brighter than they had previously. She leaned up, kissing his cheek. "Thank you, Gavin!"

He couldn't hide the blush on his cheeks as he gazed down at her, his eyes skimming her face for a moment. "Yeah, don't get used to it, Price."

She smiled playfully, wrapping her arm around his as she pulled him towards Connor's desk. "Oh, c'mon, you know you love me, Gav." She joker teasingly, letting his arm go as they reached Connor.

Gavin couldn't take his eyes off of her as she spoke to Connor. The feeling of her hands on his arms had sent shivers throughout his entire body that threatened to make him feel things he didn't want to feel.

He tore his gaze away from her as he crossed his arms over his chest. "C'mon, lovebirds, we don't have all fucking day."

A/N: Plotline coming right up ;) What do you think really happened to Tasha's parents?

Thank you so much for reading! I love every one of your comments. Please don't hesitate to ask questions or comment scene suggestions.