Obsidian Eyes and Inked Wings

Chapter Seven: Obsidian Eyes and Inked Wings

*Narrator*

"Now-" The narrator was about to start reading the next chapter when a little blond girl raised her hand.

"Excuse me? Mrs. Narrator? I have a question," She piped. The Narrator looked up from the pages of the book to look at her.

"Yes?" The Narrator placed a slip of paper in the crevasse of the book, as she closed the book, " What would you like to ask me?"

"Is Zena okay? Is Keres still in control of Narissa's body? When will they go on an adventure? Will Zena get a familiar as well?" The little girl asked exasperatedly. Worry and curiosity filled her eyes. The Narrator grinned letting out a small chuckle. So many questions. All of which will be answered in due time.

"All of your questions will come to light in due time child. But, I can answer one of your questions. Yes, Keres is still in control of Narissa's body. Now shall I read on or do you have more questions?" The little girl shook her head 'no'. The Narrator opened the book, flipping to the page which she had bookmarked and begun reading. "Zena felt a cool sensation-"

~~~~

A cool, soothing sensation washed over me, waking me up from a deep sleep. The throbbing pain that was pulsing on the back of my head was starting to simmer down. I slowly began to open my eyes, a dark figure hovered over me, from the shape of it. It looked to be human, as my eyes began to focus I realize it was Narissa. She was healing me, or at least I thought it was her at first. As my surrounding became clearer, I noticed a pair of wing tattoos on her shoulder blades and upper arms and her eyes. Usually, the color of the Caribbean sea was now the color of obsidian, the darkest shade of black I have ever seen. This was not Narissa. This was Keres. My first reaction was to move away from her. But she grabbed my shoulders forcing me back down.

"You need to stay still, paidí (child). Your wounds are not fully healed yet," She commanded, her voice was elegant but powerful at the same time. "So stay put okay?" I nodded my head yes. "Good. Now that I have you mostly patched up. Now to move on to these three." I looked over to my right, Percy, Annabeth, and Grover were all lying still in the beds next to me. Scratches and cuts covered their faces and bodies from what I could see. Keres walked over to Percy, using the water that was in the bowl next to her, she began healing him.

"Um. Keres?" I croaked, my throat felt like sandpaper, and I'm pretty sure there is some sand in my mouth as well.

"Yes?" She replied without looking back at me.

"How come you can use Narissa's powers?"

"We share a body, which means we both have access to each other's abilities. She just didn't know it." That makes sense.

"Also how come her eyes are black and have wing tattoos on her shoulders? They weren't like that when we were at the beach and you were in control."

"I wasn't fully in control of her body then. I usually don't try to do a full take over of her body. It strains the mind and body. But when I am in full control, some of my distinct features appear, like my wings and eyes. Anything else you want to ask, paidí?" Loads. I stared at the intricate design o the wings that decorated her shoulders.