I Am Keres

Chapter Six: I Am Keres

~~~Previously on Daughter of Zeus~~~

"You can call me Keres,"

"Death-spirit, the goddess of violent death," The girl muttered.

"So you've heard of me," Keres grinned.

"You share a body with the daughter of Poseidon?"

"Yes, I do. And how unlucky you are, to meet me. Now, one of you will answer my question or I will have to get bloody," She presses the knife up against the fox mask's throat.

~~~

~19 years ago at the home of the Moirai, with Keres~

"Keres, sister, thank you for coming to see us today," Lachesis smiled, pulling Keres into a welcoming hug. Keres smiles, hugging her sister back. Pulling back, Atropos and Clotho approach her giving her a hug as well.

"Keres, it's so great to see you," Atropos hugged Keres tightly.

"Sister, I'm glad that you were able to come today, I've missed you," Clotho grinned.

"Atropos, Lachesis, Clotho, my little sisters. It is wonderful to see you as well, you look good," Keres smiled. Looking at her three sisters, all with long, silky, raven hair. With skin the color of white jade, entrancing silver eyes matched with long elegant bodies draped in white dresses. They could be triplets, no one would be able to guess that they are all different ages.

"You look pretty good yourself, sister," Lachesis grinned, gesturing to Keres' body. Keres is wearing a black shoulderless top, revealing a pair of inked black wings that covered her toned upper shoulders going down her arms, which actually are her wings. Paired with ripped black jeans, and a set of black knee-high leather stiletto boots. Keres long sleek hair framed her face, dyed ombre bright blue at the roots fading into a fiery red. Like her sisters, her skin is the color of white jade, a thin scar decorates her face just underneath her right eye.  Her eyes are pitch black, pools of ink, devouring light in their intensity, reflecting your soul back into your own, matched with a pair of blood red lips.

"I know," She smirked, "Now what is it you called me for?" The sisters looked at each other exchanging worried glances.

Clotho gently held Keres hand, looking up into her older sister's eyes, "We have a favor to ask you," Clotho placed a spool of thread in Keres' hand, the thread was the color a deep blue, the color of the depths of the brilliant blue sea. Keres looked down at the thread, then back at Clotho.

"Whose thread is this?" Keres placed her fingers on the thread tracing it.

"The first daughter, the daughter of the sea. She will be born within the next year, and we need you to be her guardian. She will experience something that will make her soul snap, and that's when you need to bond with her," Lachesis explained.

"You want me to do what!" Keres jaw dropped. "You want me to bond with her? To give up my body and merge my thread with hers?!"

Clotho lightly grasped Keres' shoulders, "I know it's a lot to ask of you but we really need you to do this! I'm not saying right now, when she reaches the age of 14, that's when she and you will need to bond," Clotho looked up at Keres with her opal eyes, pleading. Keres tried to resist her little sister's puppy eyes but failed.