Zena Elysia Caster

Prelude: Zena Elysia Caster

*Narrator*

"Hello! You're back for more? Perfect! Come sit, get comfortable. Is everyone here?"

"Yes? Okay, good. Last time you were told the story of the first daughter, the daughter of the seas. This story is about the second daughter, the daughter of lightning. Is everyone ready? Comfortable? Good, now let's begin..."

"It was August 7th, 1991. The day where the stars aligned in the sky and three girls were born. The Earth suffered that day. With storms and hurricanes raging. And earthquakes rattling the Earth down to its very core. This day was when a prophecy was born, a prophecy that intertwined three baby girls' fates into one. A daughter of the sea. A daughter of lightning. And a daughter of the dead. So special. So extraordinary. So powerful. Born with such a heavy burden, the weight of the future of the entire world depends on them. Today's story focuses on the child that soul is one with lightning. Her name is Zena Elysia Caster.

The hospital was experiencing power outages. The sky outside was pitch black from the dark storm clouds that covered the sky. Thunder rumbled, shaking the heavens. In the maternity wing of the hospital, a woman with sleek blonde hair that was sticking to her sweaty skin, she was exhausted she had given birth to the beautiful baby girl that she is cradling in her arms. The baby girl had a tuff of black on her small scalp, she was tiny but equipped with a powerful set of lungs. The baby girl's eyes flutter open, revealing electric blue eyes, there was a spark in her eyes. The baby girl cried out, outside lightning struck and thunder boomed. The lights flickered, with every cry, lightning would strike the earth and the heavens would roar. Why? Because this little girl is one with the storms and the lightning. She is the daughter of Zeus.

The mother cradled her baby girl, softly whispering a soft lullaby to drift her crying baby to sleep. Soon the storm was soothed as soon as the baby girl fell sound asleep. She cooed. Tears rolled down the mother's fair face. Tears of joy and of sorrow. She felt so much joy, looking at her sleeping baby's face made her heart fill with so much love. But a part of her felt a twinge of sorrow, she stroked the little tuff of black hair on her baby's head, "U tebya volosy i glaza tvoyego ottsa. (You have your father's hair and eyes.)" She smiled, while she remembered Zeus, sure he wasn't the most faithful god, but he gifted her with her child. For that she is grateful, "Kak ya tebya nazovu? (What shall I name you?)" She whispered. She mulled it over in her mind until she came up with an answer, "YA nazovu tebya Zena Elysia Caster. (I shall name you Zena Elysia Caster)." She whispered to her daughter. The sound of footsteps echoed into the room, the mother turned her head towards the sound of footsteps. It was Beryl Grace. Another one of Zeus' girlfriends, and her best friend. At first, they were rivals but over time they warmed up to each other and became friends.

"Beryl, ya ne znal, chto ty pridesh'. (I didn't know you were coming." She smiled at her friend. Beryl gave her a look.

"Anya, for the love of- I mean I know we are in Russia but can you please speak English? You know I don't understand a lick of what you are saying." Beryl complained. Anya grinned in amusement.

"Alright, since you ask me. I will speak your language." Anya's English wasn't perfect and she wasn't fond of speaking in English either but for her friend, she'll do it. "Why are you here?"

"I haven't seen you in over a year and I heard that you were ready to pop so I thought this would be a good time to pop by," Beryl sat on the edge of the bed, "Lemme me take a look at her." Anya leaned over close to Beryl and showed her Zena. Beryl smiled, looking at Zena then back at Anya. "She looks like you, very Russian."

"She has her dad's hair and eyes. Pretty she will be." Anya stroked her baby's fair cheek. "My little Zena."

"What are you going to do with her? Where are you hiding her?" Beryl asked. A flash of annoyance washed over her for a moment. She already had this discussion with Zeus which eventually turned into a full-blown argument.

"With me," Anya stated.

"What?" Beryl's face was shocked.

"I will raise her. I won't have anyone else raise her. My daughter. I will protect her," Anya hugged Zena close, "My nemnogo molnii (little lightning)."

"Are you sure, Anya?" Beryl knew what Zena's fate was and the danger that Anya was putting herself in with deciding to raise Zena.

"Yes," Anya looked into Beryl's eyes, "If anything happens to me or they find me, promise me you will take her away from Moscow. Bring her to America. Take care of her." Beryl was at a loss for words, she has never seen Anya so serious. Her words were stuck in her throat, she just nodded her head. Relief washed over Anya. "Spasibo (thanks)." Anya leaned back exhausted, her eyelids lazy. Beryl could tell that she was tired.

"Get some rest, I'll stay with you until you wake." Beryl took Zena from Anya's arms and pulled the blanket over Anya. She was already asleep. Beryl smiled, worry was eating away at her though. She knew that her friend wasn't going to survive this. Not with what her daughter was a part of.

And this is where the story of the daughter of lightning begins. The story of Zena Elysia Caster..."