The Past, Present, and Future

Chapter Three: The Past, Present, and Future

"Zena..." A soft voice enters my dreams, "Oh my sweet baby girl... I'm so sorry." A figure of a woman appeared. Her long sleek blonde hair flowed past her shoulders, her eyes the color of the pale blue sky, and her skin fair as the moon. Even if it's been years since I've seen her face.  A child never forgets their mothers face.

"Mom..." I croaked out my voice was hoarse and raspy like I have been yelling at the top of my lungs the day before. She walked up to me placing long delicate fingers on my cheeks, I couldn't feel her touch, though, her smile was warm it made me feel safe.

"My baby... Oh my sweet baby Zena, you're so beautiful. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you..." Tears trickled down her fair cheeks. I tried to pull her into a hug, but my arms went right through her. I looked at her, noticing that she was transparent. She's a memory.

"I missed you." Salty tears trickled down my cheeks. Then, her face turned serious, "What is it, mom?"

"Honey, I placed this memory on you to warn you," She said firmly, "Do you know the prophecy that you bear?"

"I've been told that I'm tied to two other girls, but not the whole thing why?"

"Many eons ago, the fates saw a prophecy of the future. It included the fates of three gifted daughters. The first daughter, a child of the Sea. The second daughter, a child of Lightning. The third daughter, a child of the Dead.

The fates foresaw the date when these three would be born on the same exact date of when the stars in the sky would perfectly align, which happens once every 10,000 years. The stars would grant the three each with special gifts, making them unique amongst their peers. Which would tie your fates together. Forming an unbreakable bond.

With this also came along a terrible destiny. The Titans would break free, 20 years after your birth. And only you three would be able to defeat. Together as one. With the help of the three artifacts: the Serpent's Stone, the Eye of Fate, and the Crown of Gaia.

There will be many who would wish to destroy and kill you girls. So the gods designed a plan. To keep you three hidden in different parts of the world." She stopped for a moment. I knew why. She didn't hide me away she kept me. Even when she was told what would happen if she did. My heart broke. "Until you are of age to meet. Then that is when your destiny will start to unfold. You're the second daughter, now I don't know who the other two are but if I am here then that means you met the first daughter. Poseidon's daughter."

"Yes, I have. Her name is Narissa. She says that we are bound," I revealed the scar of the trident. Her ghostly fingers traced over the scar.

"This is Poseidon's mark, you are definitely marked. Each of you is strong, but together you are powerful. If the two of you can learn to use your bond you will get stronger, and more powerful," She stopped and looked down a single tear dropped, then regaining her composure, she looked up again, "So powerful that it could determine the outcome of the world. You three will have the power to face the Titans, but only if you learn how to use your gifts and artifacts properly."

"Mom, I'm confused."

"Oh, honey all will be revealed over time, I can feel myself fading," Her body began to fade, "I don't have much time left, baby girl."