Clash of Swords

Chapter Two: Clash of Swords

It's been two weeks since I was found outside the gate of Camp Half-blood and learn about the prophecy that involves me and Narissa. My body has fully recovered from the 'binding' that Narissa and I experienced. Today the Camp sees what I am made of, by dueling one of their best fighters, think it's Percy or Annabeth. It's a sword fight, not my weapon of choice but I'm still pretty skilled. I was in my cabin, waiting for someone to bring me my armor and sword since I didn't have any of my own.

Then there was a knock on the door, "Come in." I said. It was Annabeth with the armor and sword. She laid the sword down on my bed and started to help me put the armor on. If she's here then that means I'm not fighting her. Then it must be Percy. Annabeth was quiet, a solemn look was on her face. "Why so quiet? Who am I fighting?" She didn't answer which was weird, I saw Thalia this morning and she was acting the same way. When Annabeth finished with the last piece she handed me my sword. And said "Good luck, you're gonna need it," then left. I made a face, what's going on with these people? I looked in the mirror checking out how I looked in the armor. Not bad. My hair was sleek and shiny since I was little I've always had thick black hair so I got my hair cut into an bob, chin length, dying the tips blonde to give something special. My hair contrasts greatly compared to my fair skin. The armor made me look pretty cool, And for being 5'7" I was surprised. While I was checking myself out, I heard the sound of a horn indicating it's time to go. I picked up my sword.

"Good luck you're gonna need it." That sentence kept crossing my mind. What are they talking about? Who am I fighting? I started to worry.

Zena, you are the daughter of Zeus. The king of the gods there is nothing that can stop you. I told myself. Boy was I wrong.

~~~

I opened the door and walked into the arena, and to my surprise, it's wasn't Percy, who I was going to face it was Narissa. Her raven hair tie up into a ponytail, she wore armor, but her forearms were showing, exposing her familiar, she wore black fingerless leather gloves. Her green eyes were serious and unforgiving. She spun her sword around while she was waiting for me. I'm fighting Narissa? I walked into the open space where Narissa was. Narissa saw me and stopped spinning her sword, she held her sword where the blade touched the back of her arm. Her feet shifted. Waiting for the words to start. A voice boomed over the intercom.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! We are going to witness something spectacular today, the battle between Narissa Jackson, daughter of Poseidon and Zena Grace daughter of Zeus. Ladies, take your stances."

I shift into position, Narissa flicked her sword around her blade facing me. Her face showed no emotion, her eyes locked on me like a predator spotting a prey. Well, I'm no prey.

She never said a word. She only smiled at me. It was a cunning smile like she has a plan. She seems so different from when I first met her.

"I hope you're ready," she finally said. I nodded my head confidently. "I am are you?"

"Sweetheart, you have no idea." Her words felt like ice. Sending chills up my spine.

"One! Two! Three! Start!" Chiron boomed.

I darted straight towards Narissa, she slid her back leg to the right, dodging my attack. She used her foot to sweep my legs from under me. My knees hit the dirt. I recovered quickly, doing a jump 360 roundhouse kick. She stepped back a few paces keeping out of range of my attack. Why is she just dodging all of my attacks? I swung my sword and she leaned back as my blade swung over her. She almost lost her balance so she bent her knees down, putting her arms down and jumped back up on her feet. Her movements were smooth, fluid like water, every attack she just dodges. I was starting to get slightly exhausted. She must've noticed that because she switched to offense mode.