Óneiro Gis Pt. 2

Chapter Nine: Óneiro Gis Pt. 2

~Previously on Daughter of Zeus~

"No. Not we. Just Zena and I," Keres pulled out a small book and a weird looking compass, "Where we have to go is called the Óneiro Gis, or the dream world. It resides in like a parallel dimension so to speak, there are five ways of entering Óneiro Gis. The first you talk to my jackass of a brother, Hypnos and ask him to grant access, the second is to go into a coma, the third is when your mind reaches its limit and snaps that's what happens to crazy people, the fourth is when you share a body with another person's soul like Narissa and me."

"What's the fifth?" Annabeth asked. That's when both Delphi and Keres' faces had a smug look on them.

"My way."

~

"Currently we are at the efiáltes (nightmare woods), its the gateway I found as a child. The entrance my brother doesn't know about. To through it is dangerous though, you must a pass a test in order to move on. You have to pass through the nightmares of whoever's dreams they are entering but if you don't. You'll die." Talk about scary. Keres pricked her finger dripping blood into the center of the compass. "Keres what are you doing-" "-Shh."

The compass's arrow began to spin then snapping to a fix location, towards the huge house. "She's this way, come on I don't want to be in here any longer than I need to be." We walked on the black path that leads to the house, at the other end of the mountain range. As we walked Keres was beginning to explain something to me when a warm ball of light caught my attention.

It flew around me then hovered in front of me, something was telling me to touch it. I began to reach out to the light when Keres smacked my hand away and hit the light away.

"Hey! What you do that for?" I whimpered as I hold my throbbing hand.

"If you were listening to what I was saying, you would know not to touch things in here, they may look cute and cuddly but they are lethal creatures who will devour your dreams and memories and leave you only with nightmares."

"How can I believe that? Why would a place like this with such a magical and dreamy setting have creatures to devour someone's dreams and memories?"

"How do you think this place get this dreamy look from?" She gestured to the land around her. Those words instilled fear in my heart.

"You're telling me that-that this place looks like-looks like this because they are made up of other people's dreams-dreams!" I looked around at the peaceful seeming world, a beautiful coast with deep blue waters to my left and a huge magnificent waterfall to my right and stunning sunset sky filled with bright lights and beautiful flowers. This all made from people's dreams!

A dark grin curled on her blood red lips, "Precisely"

My jaw dropped, what the hell is this place?

"You know paidí, for the daughter of Zeus you get frightened easily," Keres looks at me with it seems to be a mixture of pity and dissatisfaction.

"It's not that I get frighten easily its the fact that things in here who seem all nice and friendly actually have malicious intent instead."