The plan: part 2

The Plan: Part 2

~Carl's P.O.V.~

*2 weeks later*

After a lot of rest and medicine, Vallory finally got better. She no longer had what we guessed was the flu, and could help around the cabin. More and more walkers were loitering the area, so we knew we couldn't stay long.

"Okay everyone, group meeting," I announced and everyone filed into the room, "As you all know, this place isn't permanent."

"So we are going to discuss where to go," Vallory finished for me, I smiled at her.

It's been awhile since we've been able to spend any alone time together, and I was worried I was driving her to Gale. I knew Gale liked her, and I was worried she'd like him to...

"Back when we first arrived at the town, my dad and I were discussing a back up plan just incase the place was bad news," I say, trying to keep my thoughts on the meeting, "I think we should go back to the prison."

"What?!" Apparently I forgot to tell Vallory this before....oops, "Carl, just incase you don't remember, your dad said clearing out the courtyard took everyone's effort, and then there were still more people than we have right now. Even though we have more ammo, we can't risk anyone getting hurt."

"I know, I know, but I remember how we did it, we can do it again," I insisted, there was no way I was giving up on this.

"Don't you remember how we left it?!" This feels more like an argument between me and Val than a group meeting, "When I first got there, I ha to help out clearing the tombs, and trust me...That took a lot of ammo and effort with an entire group of adults and a teen. When we left it, a wall in Cell Block D, a guard tower, and the gates were destroyed. The gates is an easier thing to fix, but an entire wall isn't."

"We could always build our own wall using the bricks and cement from the original wall and the guard tower," Mika suggested, at least someone else decided to join the conversation. I guess...Since Val, Mika, Judith and I were the only ones who have been to the prison, and Judith couldn't really speak, the fact that we were the only ones speaking didn't really surprise me.

"I know sweetie, I'm not completely worried about the wall at the minute," Val said, "It's the fact that a tank fired and a grenade exploded before we left, remember how loud that was? And there were already hundreds of walkers surrounding the prison before that. I asked around and some kids from the city said they even heard a small explosion. Walkers hearing is intensified, trust me, I would know. To them it was about as loud as maybe dropping a glass bottle. To a walker, that would be like blasting a gun right by their ear. Walkers from miles around would have heard it and took over the prison. We just don't have the numbers to take them out. We only have a couple of 14 and 15 year olds with a bunch of kids."

"She has a point," Gale muttered, of course he'd take her side.

"Listen, my dad and I had a feeling this would happen. I saw a few of the adults get hurt, it took me a few weeks to heal after getting shot when I was younger. The first place they will do after everything settles down is go to the prison. Either we get their first, at the same time, or after they do. They will be there, I know they will. You have to believe me." Everyone was staring between me, Vallory, and Jayden. Since we were the oldest, what we said goes. I knew that whatever Val said Jayden would agree to, and I wasn't leaving without her, so it all rested on her decision. She sighed dramatically.

"Fine, we leave in two days."

I smiled, hugging Vallory tightly, and whispered in her ear.

"Thank You," She shivered, and I knew...

I knew she was still mine.

***

This chapter was a little shorter but you can't complain! I did a double update since it's been, like, a week. So, enjoy! I love feedback!