Surviving love

~Vallory's P.O.V.~

I have decided not to tell anybody about the Generals little fantasy just yet, I want everyone to feel safe just a little while longer. Besides, the General isn't hurting anybody just yet. A lot more people are being brought back lately to, and I don't want to deprive them of their safety right after they get it. I'm planning on announcing it to the whole town, and we're most likely all going to get kicked out...I was walking to the park with Carl, our hands intertwined. That's right, Carl and I got back together after Dad and I found Lenny. We've just been through to much to be done forever. I really did love him with all my heart, and he loved me to. Carl suddenly stopped in front of me so I hopped on his back and he piggybacked me all of the way to Town Square. We saw a girl sitting by herself on the edge of the fountain, she looked seriously lost. I nudged Carl and started walking in the girls direction. I have become a lot more outgoing over the past year, so I just plopped down next to her.

"Hi," I smiled, the girl tucked a strand of brunette hair behind her ear.

"Hullo," She replied quietly.

"I'm Vallory Dixon, and this is Carl Grimes, what's your name?"

"Ruth...Strain." She smiled back.

"Ruthy! Ruthy!" A little girl exclaimed, she had slightly wild hair and dark blue eyes, just as entrancing as Carl's electric blue ones.

"Melody, calm down. What is it?" Ruth asked the little girl.

"I saw new people, and I never got to thank you for taking me away from that orphanage." Melody's smile melted my heart. "Hey wait, aren't you Lenny's sister...um...Vallory?"

"That would be me," I laughed a little, "You guys want to come to the park with us?"

"Sure!" Melody exclaimed, jumping onto Ruth's back, I did the same with Carl.

"Why do I always have to carry you?" Carl groaned.

"Hm, let me see. The fact that your a 150 pound 14 year old boy and I'm a 100 pound 14 year old girl should be answer enough." I replied sarcastically, and he jut his lip out in a fake put. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and then he couldn't wipe off his cheeky smile, "I love you," I whispered in his ear, making him blush.

"I love you to," Carl whispered back.

After a few more minutes of walking (Or in Melody and my case I guess of getting carried) we reached the small local park. It had a swing set, a slide next to the swing set, a teeter totter, a rusted merry-go-round, a small playhouse that looked like an actual mini house, and a sand pit. Melody and I exchanged glances before jumping off and sprinting to the only two swings, Carl and Ruth following close behind us. Just before I could sit down, Carl picked me up by my waist, making me scream in surprise. He flipped me around so I could face him and set me down in the swing, then he went behind me and started pushing me gently. Ruth was pushing Melody in her swing to, they really could be mistaken for siblings.

"You want me to push you Carl?" I teased, even though I knew he would say yes.

"Yup!" I switched him spots and started pushing him, laughing hysterically at his "Whee!" noises.

Carl soon hopped off and said he wanted to talk to me, he grabbed my hand and walked me to the playhouse. It was sort of like a mini apartment, it had faded stickers of kitchen appliances and other things, and it had benches that were built into the wall. Carl and I sat down and he grabbed my hand.

"I just wanted to talk to you about the Shane thing..." Carl trailed, looking down at our intertwined fingers, "I-I should have told you, you were just as close to him as I was...He tried killing my dad an-"

"It's okay Carl, I know what happened. Shane told me," I then explained to him my dream with all of our dead friends and family, he started to tear up when I mentioned talking to Lori. He pulled me into a tight hug.

"You've gone through way to much for a 14 year old," Carl whispered, kissing my nose.

"You missed," He chuckled, then pressed his lips lightly on mine.

Every time we kiss, even if it's just a peck, or even on the cheek, I feel as though a million bombs and electricity is pulsing through my body. This kiss may not have been much, but it showed me that he truly did care about me. I remembered I had a sharpie in my pocket (don't ask me why) and an evil smirk appeared on my lips.

"W-What?" Carl asked, looking confused and scared at the same time, I pulled out the sharpie.

"Can I make you a cat?" I asked, jutting my bottom lip out to beg.

"Fine," Carl sighed, "Only if I get to make you an animal to."

"Okay...' I said, sounding unsure.

I took the marker and colored in the tip of his nose black, then made three diagonal lines as whiskers, and finally connected the nose and his upper lip with a line.

"Awww you're so cute!" I cooed, he rolled his eyes and took the sharpie, my eyes widened in fear. "Don't ruin my face."

"Oh hush," Carl playfully glared and put the marker on my face.

I felt him put a triangle on my nose, a circle around my eye, dots on my cheeks, and the connection from the nose to my lip.

"So what am I?" I asked, putting my hand to my cheek.

"You're a puppy!" I facepalmed at his childishness, but it was adorable.

"Aww," I laughed and pecked his lips, but he pulled me in for another kiss.

I reluctantly pushed him back as I remembered the kids waiting for us, he seemed to remember to so we walked out of the playhouse and back over to the swings. There we saw Ruth and Melody talking to a boy who looked around 14, he had longish brown hair, warm brown eyes, and slightly tanned skin. Melody noticed we were back and waved us over.

"Vallory an Carl this is Bradly, Bradly this is Vallory and Carl," Melody introduced us.

"Hey," Bradly said, shaking both of our hands.

Let me tell you this now, Bradly is hot. Don't get me wrong, I love Carl with all of my heart and would never ever cheat or break up with him, but Bradly is just...wow. He reminds me of some of the guys I use to have a crush on at school, making my heart beat a little faster and make my palms sweat. Snap out of it, don't think about Bradly and his perfect hair and perfect smile...Ugh. Carl and Bradly laughed about something while I got lost in my train of thought, Carl's dimple was literally the cutest thing ever. It showed whenever he smiled or laughed. There we go, there are some better thoughts. I was to distracted by Carl's sheer perfection (in my eyes) to notice Bradly staring at me. Carl was everything I'd ever wanted and more, I can't imagine life without him. But I'm aloud to think guys are cute...right?

After about 2 hours of hanging out, Carl and I started heading back home, since the curfew was 9 (it's 8:40). At my house, Carl gave me a soft kiss before leaving. I practically floated to my bedroom and plopped down onto my bed. Sleep came quick for me, an I dreamt of Carl and I.

***

Sorry if this was sort of a sucky filler, I just felt like Val and Carl never have time to just act like a normal couple so I thought I'd give them time to be in love an safe before shit hits the fan. Hope you enjoyed! I love feedback!