Dont tell

Never Safe.

And I was right. It was all over.

I froze, my heart pounding so hard I thought it would pop out of my chest, I could hear my blood rushing through my head. The Dr. knew, he saw my eyes. I was going to be strapped to a bed, get my head broken open, and they were going to take my brain in order to make a vaccine.

"Val, sweetie, I thought I told you not to wear those orange contacts. Now I see why you wore the sunglasses." My dad said, he didn't waver once. If I wouldn't have known I would have believed the lie myself.

"C-Contacts?" Dr. Greene stuttered, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Um, yeah. What kind of person has orange eyes?" Carl laughed nervously, "Wait, did you say immune? There are people who are actually immune?"

Jesus Christ these people were good liars. I couldn't even say a blue pen was red and make it sound believable. The Dr. shook his head and let us go. I more less ran out of the hospital and jumped into my dads truck. I covered my face with my hands and breathed, glad for my family. I heard the truck door open and someone slide in next to me but I ignored it.

"Hey," The person said, wrapping an arm around me. It was Carl, "We're all going to the clothing store after this, because the government gave us all money so we could buy our own clothes and stuff, and you should come. But if you want to stay home we all will understand."

"I'll come." I said quietly, looking up at Carl.

I have to admit, it felt weird not having a gun in my hand as I walked through the store. I excessively grabbed my switch blade that I had hidden up my sleeve just in case. I saw Carl and my dad struggling with the same problem I was. Carl kept grabbing at his belt where his pistol use to be and my dad just looked empty without his crossbow. Maggie, Beth, Carol, and Rick seemed just fine. Glenn was unreadable.

"You okay, Glenn?" I asked, he ignored me. I just shrugged it off, knowing it was hard to take it all in.

I walked with the all of the girls down to the women's section, and watched reluctantly as my father and the rest of the boys went to the men's section. Michonne looked practically naked without her katana, and I knew I probably did to. I grabbed a few shirts that looked my size, plus a couple pairs of jeans, a few jackets, and two beanies. One beanie had a ball on top of it, and the other was just black.

"Oh, if feels good to wear clothes that are actually mine!" Michonne gushed.

"Oh my gosh are those plush pants?!" Maggie gasped and ran towards the pajama pants along with all of the other girls.

I stood there alone, chuckling quietly to myself. I walked into a small dressing room and hung up all the clothes I had grabbed on a hook. First, I tried on striped sweater that was red and white. I had a few more shirts, and some colored jeans. As I was putting my original clothes back on, a green tank top with a flowy green shirt and capris, I noticed something. On the floor in the dressing room next to mine was blood. And lots of it. I was guessing when the SWAT cleared this place out they didn't finish cleaning it. I finished getting dressed and tried opening the door but it was jammed.

"Crap." I mumbled, jiggling the knob. That's when I heard it, "Shit, shit, shit, shit!"

Something was pulling itself into my dressing room from the room with blood on the floor. It was moaning and clawing at me. You've got to be kidding me! I thought, now banging on the door. The walker picked itself up and pinned me to the door, knocking my switch blade out of my sleeve and onto the floor next to me. I could feel the door being rammed into from behind me and people screaming.

"Vallory! Vallory get away from the door! We can't get in!" I could hear them yelling.

"I'm kind of pinned to the door by a fucking walker!" I screamed, trying to reach for my switchblade.

I was squatted down, using all of my strength to hold back the walker with one hand, reaching for my switchblade with the other. Suddenly, the walker tripped on its own blood sending us both sprawling to the floor. I screamed as the walker pushed all of its weight on to me.

"Get off of me!" I screamed at it, and the banging on the door became more frantic. The walker kicked my switchblade under the small bench, depriving me of my only weapon. I remembered something, the mirror! I used all of my strength and shoved the walkers head into the glass, causing it to shatter and fall everywhere. The walker was stunned long enough for me to shoot over and grab my switchblade. I got on top of the walker and started stabbing it repeatedly in the head, even after I knew it was. The wall was getting splattered in blood, not only from the walker though. The glass from the mirror had slip my arm and I cut my leg with my switchblade. The door opened but I ignored it, I kept stabbing the walker until someone stole my switchblade and picked me up. I realized I was still screaming and crying into the persons chest. I kept my eyes tightly closed until I felt myself put into a car. The person was still holding me as I cried, then I was carried into somewhere and layed down on something soft, I was guessing a couch.

"Val, Vallory. I need you to look at me." The person coaxed, I looked up from under my hair and saw Carls sparkling blue eyes, filled with concern and tears.

"I-I don't know what came over me...I've never been so scared of a walker. I-I just thought we were safe..." I laughed a little, even though I had started crying again, "What was I thinking? We're never safe as long as that disease is out there. And let's face it, none of us are going to be the same again. We've killed people, Carl. We're most likely going to be punished. I can tell we're all uncomfortable without our weapons, we're not normal. Nothing will ever be like it use to, no matter how much they try!" I started yelling, "And you know what? I don't care! I'd rather take my chances out there with the walkers than cower in fear, worried some guy in a suit is going to take my brain or something!"

I stood up and stormed off into my room, I felt bad for snapping on Carl but I felt a lot better now that I said how I felt.

***

Oooh drama! Is Vallory giving up? Will the government find out she's immune and take her into custody? Hehe my friend and I came up with a pet name for Carl and Val, Callory<3 What do you think? (I'm asking to many questions I know) Any feedback?? I hope you guys like the story so far!