Birthday wish

~Vallory's P.O.V.~

"Val, wake up!" Someone whisper yelled in my ear, it was Lenny. I groaned and rolled over in my bed, "Waaaaake uuuuuup!"
"What is so important that I have to wake up at," I sat up to check my clock, I gasped, "8 o'clock in the freaking morning?"
"It's," He paused for dramatic effect, I drummed my fingers impatiently, "Your birthday!" My eyes widened.
"Holy crap! Is it really?" I checked my calendar, yup. It was July 16 (I used my birthday c:), "Wow Lenny, thanks for remembering," I squeezed him in a hug.
Shooing Lenny out, I stood up from my bed and threw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I walked into the kitchen and plopped down in a chair. There was a cake on the counter, it had 15 candles on it along with my name in loopy writing. A sudden sadness overwhelmed me, but I swallowed the growing lump.
"Surprise!" Rick, Carol, Callista, Dad, Maggie, Beth, Sasha, Bob, Glenn, Tara, Abraham, Michonne, Bradly, Ruth, Melody, Lenny, Joshua (Rick's new friend,) Rosita, Eugene (sp?), Cory, Gale, Avery, Madi, and Carl all jumped out from various hiding places. I was surprised I hadn't noticed them.
"Make a wish, beautiful," Carl whispered in my ear after everyone gathered around, a single tear escaped my eye, I wiped it away harshly, "What's wrong? Aren't you happy?" He asked, sounding a little hurt.
"No, no, of course I'm happy," I faked a smile, "It's just...Can I add something to the cake?"
"Of course, honey, it's your cake," Carol said, handing me the icing dispenser thing..
I took a deep breath and hovered over the cake, wondering if I should really do this. I've kept this a secret from everyone my entire life, maybe it was time to show the group I trusted them by tell them. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and squeezed, I wrote...

Happy Birthday Vallory!

15
And Jayden.

"Who's Jayden?" My dad asked, looking over my shoulder.
"My....twin," I whispered, tears stinging my eyes again.
"Wait, wait, wait... You mean to tell me that I have two kids sharing the Dixon DNA?" My dad asked in mock horror, I let out a bitter laugh.
"You use to, Jayden was abducted when we were 8. No one knows about him other than the people in my family," Another bitter laugh, "But most of them are dead...I think of all of you as family, so I thought all of you should know."
"You said he was abducted, not killed. Why did you say use to?" Madi asked.
"Jay was sweet, innocent, and you know what happens when a kid gets kidnapped. It doesn't end in a big heart felt family reunion," I paused, "It's common sense."
"Don't think like that," Bradly said, putting an arm around me. This boy was my best friend, but I don't think Carl saw him as that. Every time Bradly touched me or was even near me, his jaw would tense and his long practiced glare would set it, "Just make a wish and eat your cake."
Taking another deep breathe, I took my best friend's advice and blew out the candles. I wish I knew if Jayden was okay or not. Everyone grabbed plates and dug in until it was time for Carl, Cory, Gale, Bradly, Ruth, and I to go to the Training Hall.
"Do you think we are going to meet the new leader dude?" Bradly asked, nudging my side.
"Probably," I shrugged, still trying to regain my happy demeanor.
The rest of the walk was silent, and we entered the loud Training Hall seeing there were no guards. Everyone was chatting, most likely about the walker outburst from earlier. A few people looked our way and I saw their mouths form the words that I hoped no one outside our group would ever say. She was bit. Chills went up my spine as many eyes fell on my bandaged arm, I saw that it had bled through in the shape of a mouth. By instinct, my other hand covered my wound and my hair curtained my face, I knew my eyes were orange. They actually hadn't changed since Lenny's confession. I knew it wasn't because of me feeling endangered by him, I noticed that Lenny's and Ruth's haven't changed either. Bradly's eyes seemed to have turned a blood red and Melody's were as yellow as the sun. All of our eyes stood out neon among all of the blues, greens, and browns so we had to wear sunglasses constantly.
"Attention!" A guard bellows and we all fall into our alphabetical order in our age groups, "We are honored to introduce you to our new general, Christian Lopez," A tall blonde, young man walked out and stood next to the guard, "And his assistant," A boy who looked at least fifteen walked out with tan skin, shaggy dark brown hair, and familiar bright green eyes.
"J-Jayden?" I couldn't help but blurt, the boy looked directly at me, then studied me head to toe.

"Vallory?"