6 month later

~6 monthes later~ Present Day

I was on a run. I held my katana tightly in my hands. I knocked on the door of the old convenient store. I placed my ear against the splintered wood of the boarded window, listening for any movement. There was none. I opened the door slowly, wincing as it creaked, and crept in. It took everything I had not to scream and dance. The shelves were loaded with medical supplies and batteries. There was also boxes in a corner full of food. I fell to my knees and felt the tears of joy sting my eyes. I loaded everything into my large backpack. I heard something get bumped in the next room, I tip towed towards the door and it swung open before I could reach it. At east 30 infected were in a cramped ally way outside of the door. They all started pushing their way through, trying to reach me. I shrieked and ran out of the front door. I was angry because I didn't get to grab any food, but I snatched all of the medical supplies and batteries though. I jogged into the woods (since infected could only limp/speed walk at most) but I had to start sprinting as infected closed in next to me. I was running rapidly through the trees, trying not to trip, I turned around to check for infected, but instantly regretted it. I ran right into something, or someone, sending us both sprawling to the ground. I didn't stay down long though, and neither did the thing I ran into. We both shot up and aimed our weapons at each other, me with my katana, and them with a pistol. I went to advance on the person but was soon surrounded by a group of people, weapons at the ready. I got a good look at the person I had run into. It was a boy around my age, he had longish dark brown hair, and piercing blue eyes. The people around me must have been his group. The boy gave me a touch me, I dare you look and I just glared.

"We don't want a fight, so just drop your weapon." Said a tall man with the same dark hair and blue eyes as the boy. Probably his father

I rolled my eyes and sheathed my katana, no way was I putting it down.

"I'm Rick, and this is my son Carl." The tall man said, gesturing to the boy. Called it!

"Vallory, Vallory Dixon." I mumbled. Carl's jaw dropped slightly.

I unsheathed my katana and swung it quickly at Carl's head, who ducked out of fear. The grouped started yelling at me until they saw an infected fall limply behind Carl, his head rolling towards me. I rubbed the blood off of my katana then resheathed it. Rick sighed with relief, until Carl pulled out a knife and swung it towards me. I instinctively ducked, sweeping my foot at his legs, but missed when he jumped back. Another man grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet, showing me an infected that Carl had just saved me from. I nodded to Carl as in to say thanks, he did the same. The man who helped me up was wearing a leather vest with angel wings on the back. He looked oddly familiar.

"Daryl." He said, holding his hand out. I tentatively shook it.

"Vallory, Vallory Dixon." I repeated. Daryl paled slightly. Then walked over to Rick, whispering something to him behind his hand. Rick nodded in approval.

"Vallory, are you by yourself?" Rick asked, I nodded slightly, earning a smile from the group. They knew what was coming next. "Well, we think you should come back with us. Be a part of our group. But it's your choice. Think fast though because all of the noise is attracting walkers."

Walkers? Did he just call them walkers? The name had a nice ring to it, but I still liked infected. 'Cause that's what they are, infected. I hastily nodded and started jogging off with the group.

Their hide out was a large prison, with giant gates surrounding the outside, and 3 guard towers. I walked inside an immediately felt drained. I nearly collapsed on the spot, I was so tired. Carl slung my arm over his shoulder then helped me walk into the prison, up a flight of steps, then into a cell. He sat me down lightly on the bed, tossing me a blanket.

"Night." He said, before walking out.

I nearly cried with joy. I haven't been in an actual bed for two years! My eyes became droopy once more, I curled up under the blanket and soon fell asleep.