Doubt

~Vallory's P.O.V.~

It's been about a week since I met Bradly, Ruth, and Melody, and Melody and Lenny spend a lot of time together. Melody seems like the only person Lenny will even talk to lately. I knocked lightly on Lenny's bedroom door and he called to come in.

"Hey Lenny," I smiled, picking up my baby brother.

"Hi."

"How're you doing? I know Carol's not mom and Daryl isn't your dad but they're loving just the same."

"I'm fine," Lenny sighed.

"Len, please tell me what's the matter. You've just been in your room for the past week and you only talk to Melody, I'm your sister, you can talk to me!" I begged, "If it's that bad I swear I won't tell anyone."

"Val," He sighed again, "I did some bad things out there, really bad things. I'm disgusted with myself, I just...I don't want to talk about it."

"Sometimes, I think they put a 40 year old mans brain into a 7 year olds body," I joked, trying to lighten the mood. Lenny talks more like an adult than his own age. Lenny glared at me at me with his dark purple eyes and I stared back with what I guessed were orange ones.

"You don't understand," He growled, "I ate someone, Vallory! I killed and ate a human being because I was starving, a living, breathing teen age girl! I bet you've never had to do that!" Lenny stormed out of his bedroom, leaving me on his bed, dumbfounded.

I ran to the mirror, my eyes wouldn't change back. Normally they would after Lenny walked away or I was away from danger. Did I feel endangered by Lenny? Of course not! He's still the same boy, we've all had to do some crazy things to stay alive, me included. My head snapped up when I heard a scream from outside, a girls scream. I sprinted out to the front yard with my knife and gun, and saw a herd of walkers circling a girl.

"Ruth!" I screamed, charging into the group. I aimed and shot a few walkers down, then decided to save ammo by fighting with my knife. I starting swinging my knife but it seemed as though they were dodging it. I pulled my gun out again but it got smacked out of my hand. I found myself getting tackled, then getting punched by walkers, "What the hell is going on?!"

More gunshots rang out as more of the town people started defending us. To late, the walker sitting on me bit my arm, the same spot where Lenny was bit. The bite may not effect me but it still hurt like hell. I used my other arm to stab the little fucker in the head. I saw my dad come out and carry me back inside.

"W-Where's Ruth?" I asked weakly, the bite was bleeding pretty bad.

"Carol has her, don't strain yourself baby," He cooed, brushing my bangs back.

"Daryl," Carol said urgently after closing the door, "She's bit."

"Yeah I know Val's bit Carol, she ain't gonna change remember?" Daryl replied matter-of-factly, after placing me and Ruth on the couch.

"No, I mean she was bit," Carol gestured to Ruth.

"What happened? Oh my god they're both bit!" Avery shrieked, coming into the living room with Madi. (Averylynn and Madisyn)

"It's fine, Vallory's okay, We don't know about the other girl," Carol said.

"That other girl is Ruth," I snapped, "And she won't, I'll make sure of it." My voice cracked at the end.

"Vallory," Ruth whispered, her eyes were shut, "Don't do it, trust me."

"Ruth?" I was a little worried, did she want to turn?! Ruth finally opened her eyes, and instead of the hazel green I was use to, they were black.