The perferct virus

~Vallory's P.O.V.~

"What do you mean there is no Immunity?" Dad asked bitterly.

"I've used all of the blood and tissue samples, x-rays...There is nothing special about them," Dr. Greene says.

"I beg to differ," Carol objected, "They were both bitten over a year ago and there are no signs of change."

"Yes that is very true, I ran a few tests and saw that the infection can spread slower in some than others," Dr. Greene didn't hesitate to contradict.

"Then how do you explain the eye color change? I know eyes change by the reflection of light but that doesn't explain the orange, purple, red, yellow, and black." Carol wouldn't back down.

'I haven't been able to figure that part out yet," Dr. Greene said a little distractedly, calculating in his head, "My theory is that they change the same reason the roamer's change. The roamer's have a milky yellow, it's a way to identify each other, as it's a way for the bitten to identify each other also."

"I've seen people who were bit before. Their eyes didn't change to purple or orange. They stayed their normal color until they turned," Dad insisted, refusing to give up on his only kids, "They're special, I know it."

"The tests aren't 100% accurate," Dr. Greene paused, "But they are close enough."

"But they've survived this long..." Carol was crying now.

"I'm so sorry. There is just no way to weave around the obstacles," He sighed, "You get bit, you die. You die, you turn. No way past it."

This is it, I've heard of plagues before, but normally they find cures or cut it off from everyone by now. Before now, mot sicknesses could be treated enough to where you wouldn't die, or at least would live another couple years. With this disease, there is almost no way to escape death. I'd heard, before this all happened, that the scientists from other countries were experimenting with diseases. They were trying to combine several illnesses together to use against our troops so they could infiltrate our land. One that was incurable, that could kill you in seconds. They failed several times. But finally....They did it.

Finally they created the perfect virus