Not again

Not Again.

~Vallory's P.O.V.~

"Stick close to us big kids, alright?" I whispered to Lenny, Lizzie, Mika, Melody, and Mason.

Yup, we were stuck on kid duty. Yay. Not. Dr. Greene was giving everyone one last check up before we left, because we couldn't bring anyone who was sick, they wouldn't last and it would just be a drain on what we have. Dr. Greene approached me and I stood up.

"Okay, let's begin." He said. I rolled up my sleeves so he could check my bites, "Phenomenal, they're just scars now. Okay, tell me about the pull in your mind."

"To tell you the truth," I furrowed my eyebrows, "I don't feel it anymore."

"Me neither," Lenny said quietly from beside me.

"Hm, interesting." Dr. Greene dug through his bag for something, I saw it was our head x-rays. His eyes widened, "Guys...The virus...it's gone."

"What do you mean 'gone'?" Bradly asked, since now all of the infected kids were in a circle around the doctor.

"See for yourselves," Dr. Greene said, laying the x-rays down on the table.

There were our ones that we took a couple weeks ago which were mostly blue, except for the burgundy that covered the brain stem. Our recent ones were just completely blue except for a little burgundy that was towards the middle of the brain. Incase you didn't know, if the brain is blue then it's healthy and the burgundy is the virus.

"We're not infected," Ruth says slowly, my jaw dropped.

We started cheering, jumping around clapping our hands. Bradly picked me up and spun me around in a hug, I was to busy being happy to even notice Carl glaring at us from the kitchen.

"Be careful, whatever kept you from turning completely might be used up. Being bit could be a problem for you guys again," Rick warned, putting a hand on my shoulder. We all nodded.

He's right, maybe the immunity is a temporary thing. Maybe it used itself up trying to fight the disease. I guess we won't know until one of us gets bit again. I bent down and picked up my duffel bag, then I grabbed Lenny's hand and led him out the door, the rest of the group following. Jayden and I ran over to the town hall, our job was to find something to distract Christian the guards long enough for everyone else to get to the wall and out through the tunnels.

"What the fuck are we supposed to do that's going to keep everyone busy?" Jayden asked, I shrugged.

Suddenly, an old man ran out right in front of us, screaming bloody murder. He grabbed me by my shoulders and started shaking me.

"Kill me! Just fucking kill me! I can't take this anymore! Me and my kids!" He slurred, 3 teenagers stood behind him. They all had old and dirty clothes and were unhealthily skinny. Without hesitation, I lifted my gun and shot all 4 of them in the chest.

"Vallory! Fuck! They're gonna turn!" Jayden scolded.

"Exactly," I said, "Now help me pick them up, we're going to pay Christian a little visit."

***

~Carl's P.O.V.~

Our group was hidden in the brush on the outskirts of town right beside the wall. I kept my gun aimed at the guards guarding the opening of the tunnels just incase Jayden and Vallory couldn't distract everyone. Screams of terror from towns square were loud enough for us all to hear.

"Holy shit," One guard said, "Think they're gonna need us?"

"All guards report to town square immediately. This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill! Code 7; Infected."

Both of the guards Walkie Talkies sang, and in seconds they were gone. The tunnels are open, but where are Vallory and Jayden?

***

The 4 walkers had attacked everyone in town hall, now we were stuck in a building full of freshly turned infected. I grabbed my walkie talkie and clicked the button. I had my katana out and was hacking away at heads trying to get my twin and I to the main entrance, but there was no way. My sword got stuck in one walkers head, I tried yanking it away but it was no use, it was stuck. Now I knew we were screwed. I pulled my gun out of it's holster and started shooting, almost making no dent in the growing horde. Jayden and I were running low on ammo, almost 5 rounds left.

"Fuck!" I screamed, I was on my last bullet, and so was Jayden.

I threw my now useless gun to the ground and started running with Jayden close behind. We found an empty room and barricaded the door. I grabbed the walkie talkie from my belt and clicked the button.

***

*Carl's P.O.V.* (I know it's changing a lot)

"Uh guys," A crackly voice came from my dads bag, his walkie talkie, "It's Vallory and Jayden. The building is filled with hundreds of infected and we are out of ammo."

Banging and moaning was ringing through in the background.

"Leave, go without us," She whispered, I gasped.

"No! Michonne, Daryl, and I will come help y-" My dad was saying but he was cut off.

"Rick, it's over. You guys need to just get out. We'll be fine...We have two bullets left..." Jayden trailed, but I knew what he meant.

"Fuck, Jayden they're in!" Vallory screamed, the moaning was getting louder.

"Just go!" Jayden screamed, and then the line went dead.

"I'm not leaving without my daughter," Daryl roared, picking up his crossbow.

"Carl, Cory, Bradly, and I will go get them, if they see you the guards will shoot you on sight. Get out and make sure it stays clear for us when we come," Gale said, cocking his gun.

Before anyone could protest we took off running towards town.

***

Yesh I know there isn't very much romance but I actually have a Story line planned out. It's not all just going to be Val and Carl making out, like fuck. Hope you enjoyed, I might update later tonight if anyone wants me to. I seriously don't know where I was going with the changing back and forth between walker and human thing so....now they're not infected xD