Chapter 21

Percy went back to the tent where the rest of the team was standing around a pool table with a holographic schematics of the camp and a few possible battle strategies. Nico has his arm around Will's hip as they spoke.

"The barrier will most likely be compromised during the battle so we should have Charles set up a few more layers of the barrier up just in case." Luke spoke.

"Where will the younger campers be? We aren't on Omega, this is earth, we can't have seven year olds fighting!" Will exclaimed.

"If Void is sending his fleet here, he'd know how to get past our defenses." Nico removes his hand and splayed then on the table. He pointed to Thalia's tree, then the strawberry fields. "These are the weakest points in the camp. Easy for Void's men to get through but also they don't expect us to keep them weak."

Luke have Nico a side glance. "These really are weak points but where are you going with this?"

"I mean, they expect us to fortify them as much as possible since these are their best points of easy entry. They'd try to go in from another point so maybe leaving them weak with only a little fortification is our best chance."

Beckendorf was conversing with Ethan to the side about the barrier and new weapons. Selina, Zoe, and Bianca were working together and listening to what was being said and figuring out the best battle strategy.

"Nico, How do you know that keeping them weak won't just hurt us in the long run?" Percy stepped in.

Nico looked down and sighed, "look, I can't say exactly how I know but please trust me, this is our best bet."

Before anyone could respond to what he said, Nico left the tent and headed into the camp. Nico needed to get away for a little bit and hang out with Leo for some time. Leo's funny hotheaded personality is just what he needed right now. Preparing for war is stressful, he knew that from personal experience.

Bianca looked at Luke and sighed with teary eyes. "Void fucked with his head." She then looked over to Percy, "what did he tell you?"

Percy cocked his head to the side.

"Two days ago when he got his memories back. What did he tell you?" She asked again.

"Oh. He just wanted to tell me about remembering me from before. That's all" he spoke as truthfully as the ring let him. He then showed Bianca the ring, "he said that he wanted to give me this ring too as a sign of friendship so... yeah that's it."

Bianca grabbed his hand and observed the ring closer. "Nothing seems odd about it from what I can see. Maybe we should keep a closer eye on him for a while?"

"We don't know what Void did. I think it's the best choice at the moment." Will added.

They nodded in agreement and continued to talk about battle strategies.

Nico's POV

"Tick tock." The man with the clock eye sang.

Nico looked around him to see that he was strapped to the chair watching the man walk around him. "You failed your mission."

Nico glared at the man with cold, dead eyes. "I'm sorry." He spoke, "I won't fail again."

The man casted a spell in his hand, "oh..." he paused. "I know you won't."

Nico shook his head as his eyes watered with tears. He pressed his mask closer to his face but pulled down his hood from the cloak. His shaggy black hair danced ever so slightly in the wind but as long as he wore the mask, no one could recognize him. Nico clicked his watch twice and an image of Leo surrounded by greenery.

"Sshhh!" Leo hissed. "Hey.... woah! So it was you in the new mask. Cool dude!" He chuckled.
"Yeah it's me Leo. Where are you? I needs to talk."
"Got it. I'm at Thalia's tree in one of the higher branches. Don't worry, you'll find me."
Nico let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding, "ok. Thank you Leo, it's been really stressful recently. A lot of shit happened in the past few days."
"Wait—" Nico hung up before Leo could continue.

With that said, Nico made his way over to Thalia's tree. Some of the campers gave him odd glances but most of them stayed out of his way as he walked. His hood was off but his mask stuck to his face like glue. No one could tell it was Nico.

When he got to the tree, he saw Leo's feet dangling from one of the higher branches so he jumped up and landed on the branch above Leo in a crotched position.

"Hey Leo." He breathed as he sat down correctly.
"Oh hey." Leo smiled oddly.

Nico heard a rustle and his head jerked up, "Leo..."

"Yes?"

"Who else is in the tree?" He growled.

"Um... gods! You know I can't lie to you. It's Piper, Jason, and Thalia."

With that, the three demigods poked their heads out of the leaves and smiled awkwardly at Nico.

"Hey Stoke..."
"Hey." He muttered.

The three demigods awkwardly stared at Nico until he was sick of it. He pulled off his mask and smiled at them. "Hey guys."

All of them were at a loss for words. The young son of Hades, the one they attacked with Leo for leaving, was one of the Elites of the Alpha team. When did this happen?

"Nico..." Thalia breathed.
"Hey Pinecone face." He chuckled.
"You know Percy? You knew he was alive?!" She hissed.

Both Leo and Nico nodded, Leo spoke. "Yeah we do. We were actually there when he was revived and in recovery. After about a month in Omega, we came back but immediately came back after an incident that happened the day before we left. Also.... time works differently there then here so for you it's only been about two years but it's been over a century since he's been back. I actually don't know how the timelines work out that well."

"A century. How long were you in Omega before coming back last year?" Piper asked.
"We were there for about seven years before coming back. Chaos told us to stay on Earth for a year then we can chose if we want to stay on Earth or go back to Omega." Nico added.

"So..." Thalia started, "how'd you become one of the Elites if you were here?" She asked Nico.

"Yeah, after the meeting with them the other day, you passed out and I left. No one told me what happened to you." Leo looked at Nico.

He shuffled his movement and jumped down to sit in the branch with Leo.

"My sister is in the group—"

"Bianca?! She's back?" Thalia smiled.

"Yes but here's the thing, she doesn't know you."

"What do you mean? We found you both together in that school all those years ago. How does she not remember me?"

"Because...." Nico heaved out a deep breath, "that wasn't us. It was a trick of Void but we never actually went to any of the schools I remember. I did come here when I was about ten though but I just woke up here."

"That literally makes no sense. How was that all a trick?!"

"No one knows. Not even Chaos. Void fucked with all our heads, the mist, all of it. I don't even understand any of it either but all I know is...." he looked over at Thalia and sadly smiled, "I was raised by Chaos on Omega."

"Wait, but, I remember you coming to camp. And growing up, being upset over Bianca's death, and the roman camp... what?"

Nico sighed, "I don't know. All I know is that I woke up at this camp when I was ten, no Bianca, but everything else happened I guess. But like I said, no one knows, Void messed with everyone and everything."