Chapter 20

Percy bowed his head once he entered the big house and saw Chiron there with all the immortal campers. The cabin leaders were given partial immortality nearly two years ago.

"Master Chiron." Percy spoke calmly.
"Hello, no need to bow to me young one. State your name." Chiron spoke.
"My name is Kane Maelstorm and I am the commander of Chaos's Heavenly Soldiers."

Piper, Jason, and Thalia were standing off to the side with smiles sprawled across their faces. They recognized the disguise that Percy was using and he knew that they knew too.

"This is the Alpha Team and we alerted sent to aid the camps in the upcoming war. We also hope that once the battle on earth if done with that you will be an ally that we can count on in the upcoming battles in the future."

"What battle? What war? We defeated Gaea like a year or two ago and plus," Annabeth put her hands on her hips and smirked, "the gods didn't alert us of any enemies or battles. We won't be easily duped by posers who pretend to know Chaos."

Percy pinched the bridge of his nose and breathed in to calm himself, "Sorry daughter of Athena but we were called by the gods and by my master himself. There is a war with Void uprising and we were send to train you."

Annabeth huffed heavy. She walked back to her position next to Leo and Jason. They both eyed the commander with glee filling their eyes.

"Hello Jason. Piper. Thalia. Hey Leo." Percy smiled and waved at the four demigods.

"Hello Kane." Leo said quickly before the other three acknowledged demigods answered wrong.

"Oh... hey Commander." They all stuttered out unsurely about their response.

"No please. We're friends, call me Kane." He winked which was difficult for them to see bit Piper nodded after a few awkward seconds.

"Oop, right. Sorry Kane, didn't know how we should acknowledge you." She smiled shyly.

"Nah it's good." He waved them off.

The rest of the immortal campers and Chiron eyed the four demigods with concern. How did they know the commander of Chaos's army. Annabeth was just about to interrogate them but Luke interjected.

"Soooo... if we got that all out of the way. We wish to set up our tent in the forest and continue this discussion at dinner."

"Oh ok. We hope to see you at dinner then. Have a good day." Chiron spluttered out.

The Alpha Team nodded stiffly and followed their commander out of the Big House and towards the edge of the forest. The tent was made of the same magic as their backpacks so it looked like it could only fit about four people in sleeping bags but it was a mini gateway back to their main base on Omega. Their main base was away from the kingdom and was relatively large in size. There was a bathroom, dining room with a kitchen, an armory, a lounge, and there was one bedroom with a hand scanner that opens up to a completely different room. They'd still be able to hear what's outside into the camp but they camp couldn't come into, hear, or see into the tent.

Luke, Beckendorf, and Selina were the main ones building the tent while everyone else was securing the area and setting monster traps both around the tent and the camp.

The tent was soon finished and the team was ready to head back inside of the tent but Clark, Annabeth, and a few campers that were unfamiliar to everyone in the team.

"Hello Commander. That puny tent can't fit all of you. I bet you don't even know Chaos. You're just trying to be better then me but guess what? You can't. Chaos is no better then one of those minor gods. What a weakling." Clark let out a hearty laugh.

"Clark, if anything he said was true at all, maybe we shouldn't mess with them.... he's wearing the same symbol as Chaos did that day." Annabeth tugged on Clark's sleeve.

"Oh please Annie. Even if they are who they say they are, remember that Chaos is weak."

Percy felt rage and anger boil under his skin. Chaos was his father. A good father. An excellent ruler and an even better person. This demigod wants to be better... then so be it.

"You really think that Chaos is a weak huh?" Percy grabbed his dagger.
"Yeah. He really is. He literally took my dead weakling brother away and once he saw me, he ran away with his tail between his legs. What a wimp!" He laughed again.

"Percy Jackson was a better man then you ever could be." Annabeth tugged in Clark's sleep again.

He looked at Annabeth with anger and betrayal evident in his eyes. "Really Annie? You siding with them? For all we know, they could be evil spies sent by Void!"

"Stop trying to be better then everyone. I know you've been cheating on me. I know you talk shit about everyone behind their backs. I know that you never loved me." Tears streamed form her face. "And I know that you spread lies about Percy so that he would leave. I thought you were right at the time but I didn't realize that he'd end up dead!" She hugged herself and scratched at her arms. She looked up at the sky and screamed, "I'M SORRY PERCE! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!"

Percy felt his heart wretch for he girl, not in a romantic way, more of an old friend kind of way. He put his dagger away and kneeled in front of Annabeth. "I'm sorry about Jackson. You should leave right now, I think Clark needs to be taught a lesson on manners."

"Teach him good, Kane." She smirked and she stood up and headed to her cabin.

Percy walked back to Clark and stood in front of him. Clark scoffed and pulled out a pen. Percy recognized the pen immediately but didn't know why.

"This sword is for true heroes like myself." He laughed as he uncapped it and it turned into a sword. His grip on he sword was unsteady and his stance was unbalanced.

"How about, this is a battle for your title. When you lose, I become commander of the army."

"That's nice but you can't just become commander. You have to train for years under strict supervision and be chosen by Chaos himself. There is no other way."

"Aren't you like a prince or something?"

"What? Where did you get that from? I'm just the commander!" Percy lied.

Clarke hummed in response, "I could have sworn you said something about being a prince or something..."

Percy nodded his head and grabbed his sword. Percy continued to watch Clark and his movements to see when to attack. Before Percy could do anything, Clark came running at Percy with the sword aimed at his heart.

Clark's grip on the sword was so unsteady. Percy ducked and managed to disarm Clark in a matter of seconds. Clark gaped at Percy with his eyes as wide as saucers. "You cheater! How did you beat me?"

"Honestly, if you're the best swordsman in this camp, we'll need a ton of work."