Chapter 8

I am not Uncle Rick. I do not own PJO

In a matter of seconds, Percy had managed to unlock something in him. Telepathy.

He didn't know he had it but he knew there was a way that he could talk to Kaia.

Kaia! I swear to Chaos if you don't come here right now, I will sacrifice you to the void!

Leo and Nico watched Percy's expression grow from sadness to pure rage.

"How did you figure that out so fast?!" Kaia ran into the room and practically screamed at Percy.

Percy ignored the question and showed the picture to Kaia. "This is Aida. Why didn't you tell me about her?"

Kaia's mouth was opening and closing like a fish as she tried to find the right words to aid her in this argument.

"Why didn't you tell me! I need to apologize for leaving. For going off to fight Void." He looked at the picture and then back at Kaia, "has she taken off the ring? Did she move on?" His voice cracked.

Kaia shook her head. "We were all surprised when she told us that she did not believe you were dead. She had a feeling that you were still alive and she was going to wait for you for all eternity. She said that she will drag your ass to the alter the second she finds you." Kaia started to laugh.

Percy's eyes widened. "Did you tell her I'm here? I know I do love her still but I still have amnesia." He chuckled too.

Leo spoke, "Alter? Aida? Ring? I'm confused even more then normal."

Nico nodded.

"Oh, right" Kaia smiled. "So before he was taken, Lord here..." she playfully slapped his back, "was engaged to a wonderful girl named Aida LockHart."

Nico gripped onto the bed sheet to keep himself from falling and Leo was pale.

"What?! You're engaged?!"Leo spluttered.

"I know that you and Annabeth are broken up but you were dating another girl while you were engaged?!"Nico spoke so quickly that he got lightheaded.

Kaia looked at Percy with wide eyes, "You were with another girl while you were engaged?" Kaia shook her head in disappointment, "she'll be heartbroken."

Percy sighed, "I'm not gonna say that I still don't love her but how was I to know that I had a fiancée when I was a amnesiac kidnapped by my uncle?" He smirked before continuing, "can you set up a meeting between me and her? If she doesn't know that I'm back, can you not tell her it's me?"

Kaia clapped Percy's back with a smile, "Sure lil bro."

Nico and Leo were both sitting on the bed now happily and confusingly watching the two talk as if nothing had happened.

"You two..." Kaia began and pointed to Nico and Leo, acknowledging their existence for the first time, "It's getting late. I'll have someone take you to the guestrooms. You can go back to Earth if you wanna but I have a feeling that you wanna stay here for a lil while more first."

Nico and Leo exchanged glances once more before leaving the room. Kaia gave Percy a kiss on the cheek, ruffled his dark brown, multicolored streaked hair, wished him a good night, and left him alone once more.

Percy looked over to the bronze clock ticking away on the wall. It was late, the sky outside was dark, the only light was from the homes and streetlights. The people weren't as lively and there was more of an ominous feeling.

Nevertheless, he was tired. It had been an extremely exhausting day, both mentally and physically, he wanted to go to sleep and start a new day already.

He didn't know what to do, he still felt uncomfortable being in a strange place with things that are meant to be his. Although he was sitting in the bed for most of the day, something made him feel different about sleeping in it that night. He wasn't tired enough to fall asleep so he sat in the bay window and looked out the window.

He could have swore he heard the door open and footsteps come in but at this point, he didn't exactly care. He was lost in his own little world while tapping his thigh with his index finger like he used to do. He still felt a comforting presence in the room watching him harmlessly so he let it be and didn't acknowledge it whatsoever.

The city was so beautiful, tall golden and silver buildings with smaller cozy houses. The town hall was seen from the palace. Everything was basically shining.

The more Percy looked at the city, the more tired he grew. When he was barely conscious, he felt two arms swoop him up. He felt movement and then something soft.

The moment he felt the softness encase him, he fell asleep completely.

Chaos's POV

It'd been a few hours since Order and I left Lord alone and it was getting late. I had promised her that I'd check up on Lord so she could go to sleep, she was so exhausted that she was falling asleep all day.

I carefully opened the door, the lights were all off but the bed was empty. At first my heart dropped because I couldn't feel his aura anywhere in the room. It took me a second to see him curled up on the bay window, him making himself as small as possible.

Lord moved occasionally but for the most part he was still, his body was beginning to go limp so I walked over to him and carried him to the bed.

Why didn't he just sleep in the bed in the first place?

I placed in into his bed and put the blanket over him like I used to do when he was a child. How I missed those days. He looked so peaceful, he was calmly lying there sleeping.

Suddenly, something unexpected happened. A shadow like figure hovered over Lord before grabbing him. Red marks appeared where the shadow grabbed him.

I pulled out my sword and aimed for the shadow but it vanished right before I could slash at it. I knew what these shadows are. They were Voids minions.

After all this time, Void is still trying to kill my son.

When I look back down to make sure that Lord is still alright, I see the marks left in his neck. His neck strained and he began to cough. He was suffocating!

Chaos lifted Lord up and used his magic to remove the curse left with the red marks. After a few seconds, he was back to breathing normally and sleeping soundly as if nothing had happened.