Chapter 9

I am not Uncle Rick. I do not own PJO

Back on Olympus

The demigods and gods stood with their mouths gaping open. The portal had shut over an hour ago but the shock made it feel like seconds.

Poseidon was the only one who spoke. "Percy...." he sat in the middle on his knees looking down in shame.

The name lingered in the air, filling the room with tension. What just happened? Hestia stayed with her hearth off to the side with tears streaming down her face but she seemed contempt. Something about Percy had always felt more powerful and much more then he actually was, while she's sorry for the way he had to go, she's happy that Percy is going to be with a loving family. Unlike the mourning hypocrites she's with now. They use up all their resources until it's nothing. The gods toy with the mortals and use their children to fight their own battles then when one becomes too powerful, Zeus or some other god will curse or kill them. Mainly to Zeus, power is the only thing that matters.

"Grow up!"

All the demigods and Olympian gods whipped their heads at Hestia who was now standing with the flames of the hearth blazing high.

"Sister Hestia..." Poseidon's voice cracked, "my son, he is dead and we don't even get to give him a proper burial."

Hestia, the calmest and most patient goddess, slapped Poseidon across the face.

"Did you forget that you disowned him. That you had another child whom you all praised because he blamed Percy for everything. You took away Riptide from him because Clark cut himself and you blamed Percy for trying to kill him. AND... you were the one who KILLED him! You threw your trident at him and called him a disgrace in front of the creator!"

She now turned to the campers with the same rage burned in her face.

"And you! You all shunned him. Who here knew he was depressed?!" Dozens of hands went up and the ones who didn't know were crying harder, "you see! He just wanted peace and happiness but I guess the HERO OF OLYMPUS doesn't deserve a little bit of happiness."

Thalia spoke, "he's my cousin! I love him so much, I would never want to hurt him!"

Hestia chuckled but this time it was Apollo spoke. "Whatever happened to 'just kill him already father?' huh? Your words reek with lies daughter of Zeus."

It was only Hades, Apollo, and Hestia who knew that Percy was innocent. They tried to prove him innocent before the trial but once the trial had started and Zeus had made up his mind, there was nothing more to be done.

"We should have killed him sooner!" Zeus pulled out one of his bolts and threw it at the sky. The clouds crackled with lightning and thunder.

"Even after finding out that Percy is Chaos' son, you still want to kill him? He's already dead!" Hades exclaimed. His eye twitched because he felt Percy die and yet his soul hasn't entered the underworld yet. Maybe it has something to do with him most likely being a primordial.

Poseidon grabbed his trident to help him stand. The moment he got to his feet, his eyes wandered to the points of the trident. Red blood with some gold ichor was still glimmering stained to the tips. A good wash would remove all evidence of the deed it performed but Poseidon didn't want to. He felt like it would be sweeping the dust under the rug. It would always be there, it would have always caused his son to die, whether the blood is there or not: he killed Percy.

"Whether he is truly is Chaos' son or not, he will always be my son—"
"You disowned him!" Apollo cried out unbelievably.
"I don't know why I did that."

Everyone was glaring at Clark as he tried to open the doors to Olympus and leave unnoticed. Fortunately, everyone noticed and was now glaring daggers at him.

"Please don't hurt me. Father!" He looked over to Poseidon, "you can't let them hurt me. I am your favorite son, remember."

"All I remember is you manipulating everyone to love you and hate Percy!" He raised the trident at Clark but stopped before he threw it.

This is how Percy died. His anger caused him to act irrationally. While Clark did manipulate them, he still did feel love for Clark in some way. Killing him wouldn't bring Percy back, it wouldn't even be justice, it'll just hurt Poseidon more then he was already hurting.

Poseidon lowered the trident and commanded the doors to open, he turned his head and spoke in a low and menacing voice. "Leave now..."

Clark gulped and ran out of the throne room.

The rest of the demigods began to scream curses at Clark but Apollo made them quiet down. "Shut up!" Everyone stopped and looked at Apollo with wide eyes.

The sunny and happy go lucky and dumb god of the sun had never really yelled before. This was shocking to everyone but no one spoke. The authority that his voice held was terrifying and no one wanted to disobey him now.

"How is it that you guys are so quick to turn on anyone who takes a wrong look at you? First Percy and now Clark."

"He helped kill Percy!"

"AS DID YOU!" He took a deep breath to calm himself down, "did you somehow manage to forget that it was you who was foolish enough to believe Clark over the savior of all our butts."

Hestia and Hades made their way over to Apollo and they glared at the demigods. Hades spoke, "just leave. We will deal with this later."

With that said, the demigods turned to leave Olympus.