twenty nine - research

"I'M SORRY," said Bryce.

Jules shook her head in disbelief as she went back to sit down. "Whatever. Your sorry can't undo what happened."

"Jules, I'm really s-"  

"Just go," she said through a strained voice. "Please."

A moment of silence ensued in the room as Jules tried to busy herself with homework. A few seconds passed and a sigh was heard, following the shutting of the bedroom door.

Jules let out a breath she did not know she was holding. Her eyes darted to the file that Bryce had given her. It lay there as if beckoning her to open it; to peruse it and go through its contents. She had never really read it ever since Bryce gave it to her.

With one final resolve, she pushed away her homework books and cleared the space on the desk, bringing the file closer to her.

Opening the cover, she saw the first page and widened her eyes. The title read, 'Heterosexuals before the Great Conflict.'

"The Great Conflict?" Jules frowned at the phrase. She had never heard it before.

She began reading the rest of the page.

'Article from deepweb.com/archives/unauthorized/heterosexuals.

Facts have it that before the Great Conflict took place, heterosexual relationships and marriages were a norm in the society. This can be blatantly proven by the obvious and vivid fact of how human beings are being procreated to date, and that is through test tube mutation.'

Jules was aware of the test tube mutation. It was an answer she had always received from her parents whenever she asked: "where do babies come from?"

Even the biology books mentioned it when it came to reproduction.

However, as much as Jules knew what a test tube was, and what mutation was, she didn't exactly know how a baby came about in that process. She had never known of the process involved in test tube mutation.

Deciding to satiate her curiosity, Jules took out her laptop and typed in the search bar: "test tube mutation process"

A number of links popped up and she clicked on the first.

'If you're above the age of 21, register your full names or log in to access the following information.'

"Dang it," Jules muttered under her breath.

She was only fifteen.

***

thankyou to all those who're still sticking around and reading. you're truly appreciated

-Marj😘❤