Chapter Seventy-Seven: Friendship and Love

Start from the beginning

I smiled as Chloe ran up to Connor, giving him a hug. Connor stood there awkwardly for a moment, but slowly patted her back.

"Auntie, can he play with me?"

I smirked at Connor who was looking at me with a funny look of 'don't you dare'. "Of course he can, Chlo! C'mon, Connor!"

Chloe ran to him, grabbing onto his hand and tugging him towards the play structure.

"I have no idea what to do!" Connor yelled to me, making me laugh.

"You'll figure it out."

I felt my heart flutter as I watched Connor with Chloe. He was awkward at first, but after Chloe took him through the entire playground Connor began to understand how to act towards her. He even began kneeling to her height when speaking with her.

"That's adorable." Haley said as she leaned her head against my shoulder. "I'm glad you found someone who'll treat you right."

"Even if he's an Android?"

"Especially since he's an Android." Haley teased. "So talk to me. I want you to tell me everything."

"It's kind of a long story."

"We got time."

And so I told her the entire story, of what I was and who I had become. What I had to lose to find myself again. By the end of my tale, Haley was holding my hand firmly in her grasp.

"Never cut me out like that again. I would've been there for you—"

"Hales, I could've hurt you. I was ruthless without my emotions."

"Well, I mean it makes sense. You're a very emotional person, you wear your heart on your sleeve."

"Now is that a good trait or a terrible flaw, I wonder?" I pondered this with a smirk.

"Probably both." She rolled her eyes, "Have you — have you two talked about kids? I mean, I know you've always wanted them and he's..."

"An Android?" I finished, my smile fading ever so slightly. "No, I haven't talked to him about it. I'm just happy where we are now. Maybe we can adopt if we want to."

I couldn't help but smile as I saw Connor carrying Chloe on his shoulders, walking over to us.

"Auntie! Your boyfriend's really fun! Bring him more often."

Connor had the smallest smile on his face as he set Chloe down, who ran to nuzzle up against me for a moment before running back to the playground. His brown eyes met mine and I felt a warmth flow throughout my body.

"She has a lot of energy." Connor noted as he leant back against the tree that was nearest to me.

"Wait until you have one of your own." Haley shook her head, "That kids a fucking firebomb. I love her but she never quits."

Connor chuckled as he brushed my hair off of my shoulder. "I have a feeling our child would be calmer than yours appears to be."

The fact that he said our child made me melt.

Haley laughed, "Connor, this kid is never calm." She smirked at me a moment. "I know who to call when I need a babysitter."

"Ummmmmm him?" I pointed to Connor.

"I wouldn't know how to take care of a child."

"Nah, you'd both be babysitting. Nothing you say will change my mind."

After we said our goodbyes, I was left gazing at Connor. He was so good with Chloe — a natural.

"What?" Connor asked as he noticed me staring at him.

"Nothing." I blushed as I held his hand tighter in my grasp. "I just... you were really good with Chloe today."

"I just did what you told me to."

"You learned how to talk to a child. That's big in my books... plus, I like a man whose good with kids." I teased.

Connor's cheeks were a tinted blue as we arrived at the car. "I'm happy I was able to please you."

As I went to get into the car, Connor pushed my back against the door, his hands on either side of my body, effectively keeping me in place. He leaned down, brushing his lips against mine gently. I let my hands move up to his shoulders before tangling in his hair as I tried to deepen the kiss.

Connor pulled back slightly, "Tasha." He warned, though his eyes were darker than they had previously been.

"Connor." I copied his tone, a smirk on my face.

Connor sighed, pushing his knee to separate my legs. "You never listen, do you?"

I shrugged, leaning up to kiss his jaw. "Are you gonna punish me for misbehaving, Connor?"

Connor was still as my lips moved down to his neck, sucking gently to create blue hickies across his skin. After a moment I pulled back, smiling happily at my work.

"C'mon, lets go home."

The ride home was in silence, Connor's hand rested firmly on my leg, his grip tighter than he had ever held me in a long time.

This will be exciting.

•••
A/N: AWE YAY FOR FLUFFFFF ! Posting another chapter today since the stream didn't work out.