Old friends

Friends.

~Vallory's P.O.V.~

I was sitting on my couch. My old couch, back at the refugee camp. I shot up and looked around frantically. The last thing I remembered was getting shot and getting thrown into a truck. Then I noticed something a little different. I was clean, not like attempted shower at the refugee city/thing (my wording though -__-). But like before everything went to shit, never skipped a shower in my life clean. My shirt and jeans looked freshly washed, my hair freshly brushed, and my body ridded of any sort if wound. What was going on?

"Hello?" I called out, and saw a few people walk into the living room. It was Tom, Tabby, and my mom. "Guys!" I cried, running up to them and hugging each of them..

"Hey little sis." Tabby put her hand on my shoulder, tears in her glistening brown eyes. She looked as beautiful as ever, her red hair was neatly brushed like it always had been before all of this.

"Hi squirt." Tom choked, smiling through the small streaks of years running down his cheeks. I was crying pretty hard to.

"Guys, you wouldn't believe it, I found dad! H-His name is Daryl, he's really sweet and loves to hunt and stuff. You would love him Tom, he reminds me of you." I was rambling. "Maybe you guys can meet him!"

"Honey, you know we can't." My mother said in a soft voice. Then I remembered.

*Flashback*

"You don't have to do this Tommy." I cried, hugging my brother.

"Yeah I do squirt, I don't want to change and hurt you." He was bit, "Listen, I love you. And I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this. You deserve a normal life, to grow up with your siblings, get married, go to college, have kids. This world is cruel, don't let anyone fool you. Find a group that is trust worthy. Don't be afraid to fall in love. Remember what I taught you." I nodded quickly as tears streamed down my face.

"Say hi to everyone for me." I whispered, reluctantly handing him my pistol.

"I want you to do it." He said, shoving my pistol back towards me.

"What?! No Tommy, I can't." I started crying even harder.

"Listen, I know you don't want to. But sometimes you don't have a choice. Just think of this as another lesson. People are going to die Val. You can't change that. And sometimes, you're going to have to be the one to pull the trigger." I could ready tell my older brother was getting weaker.

"I-I don't even remember how!" I stammered, racking my brain for excuses. Tom put his hand over mine, putting it into the the correct position, then putting it to his head.

"Just remember what Shane taught you." Tom whispered.

"Just take a deep breathe..." I closed my eyes.

"I love you." Tom whispered through his tears.

"And pull the trigger."

BAM!

His hand fell off of mine, and I knew my brother was gone. I started bawling as I began packing. Opening the door, I gave my brothers body one last glance.

"I love you to." I whispered, then ran off.