Chapter 14

Wow, 190k. Honestly you guys this means so much to me, if you had told me when I posted this it would've made it this far, and would pass dguom, I would laugh and shake my head. This is such an amazing present, the 13th marked 8 months that I've been clean, and hitting 190k made it so special thank you guys so much. I hope you guys like this chapter, it may be short so I apologize for that. Oh, and thanks for actually reading these author's notes, it surprised me how many responed to the one about Connor. I got the idea for this chapter while listening to this song, so sorry if some of the things Luke says sounds like the song lyrics, haha. Okay, here it is:) - Bri

--------------------------------

*Song: I Don't Dance - Lee Brice*

The rest of the week went by normally, Luke and I barely even looked at each other, but that was because I didn't want people assuming things. I knew I had to prepare myself for the rude comments I'd be getting for going back to him, but it's not like we're dating again.

Luke told me he was coming over Friday after dark, and I didn't really protest, so I snuck him upstairs around nine. We watched a movie, and my parents were asleep when we finished, so we went downstairs and got a snack before returning.

I decided to put on some music, starting with some All Time Low, Somewhere In Neverland playing through the speakers on my computer. Luke and I softly sang along to the begninning of the song before he slid off the bed and pulled me off after him.

"You know, I blew off my party for this, to be here with you." He pulled me across the room, swaying with me. "I've never been this close to a girl, emotionally, I mean. And I've never done the things I do for you, except when Chelsea was around. I hope you know that means a lot, I want you to feel special, I want you to know that I'm different around you. I love you, and I don't care if I have to wait forever to get you back, because I will. I think tomorrow we should go see Chelsea, maybe you'll get her approval." He laughed, I looked up at him since his voice was getting shaky, his eyes looked as though he wasn't looking at me.

"It means a lot that you're actually here trying to talk to me instead of sleeping with other girls. I want to be mad at you for everything that happened, but I can't."

"Why not?" Luke cut in, leaning back from my body, he seemed as though he knew the answer.

"I... I can't stop thinking about you, and my feelings for you are so strong, I can't hate you."

"Peyton, we love each other. It's okay, you can say it."

"No, I can't Luke. I've been hurt too many times, I'm not ready for anything yet."

"I will never hurt you. I'm not the one who dared us, I didn't tell you about it, and I wasn't faking everything. That's Ryan, and Alec, they don't care. Alec only pretended to care because he felt bad, I wasn't pretending." I didn't answer. "How about you Pey, you never talk about how you're taking this."

"I don't need to talk." I mumbled as I looked down.

"No." Luke barely whispered. He took my wrists in his hands and turned them over, but there was nothing new, he lifted my tank top slightly and didn't find anything, but he hesitated when he reached my shorts. My right leg had the fresh cuts that I had dug in my skin the night that Luke and fought at the party, and the night I found out about the dare. He went straight to it, pushing the small leg of the shorts up lightly, just enough so he could see them, before he got up angrily and walked to my closet.

"Please don't." I begged, trying to pull him back.

"Don't what? Get rid of them? Don't worry, I'm passed that." He pulled out the box that held my razor blades. Bringing it to his own wrist, I cringed and tried to stop him, but he was too fast and strong, he easily kept me away. Three lines were added to his previously scarred wrists, and he threw the razor back in the box.

"There. Every time that you cut, I cut."

"You can't do that Luke, don't worry about you."

"Do you understand the situation? You could fucking kill yourself, you almost did the first time, and I'm not letting that happen again. Maybe now you won't have the urge to cut anymore, because someone else is being phyically effected by it. You couldn't see that you were emotionally hurting me, and so I hope this shows you that you are the one I care about, I care about you more than anyone else, including myself." He motioned to his cut wrist, and I glanced at it before turning away again.

Luke stepped closer to me and pulled me into a hug. What he said earlier crept into my mind. 'I've never done the things I do for you.' If he cared enough to cut himself for me, was I making a mistake saying no again? We stand here, swaying to the Ed Sheeran playing from my computer, holding each other like we'll never see the other again. 'You said it yourself we fight like we're married, it's meant to be.' 'I love you.' 'I'd never hurt you.' 'Luke, he isn't like this with girls, you're different.' 'The only person he ever really loved was Chelsea, and then you came along.' 'I can't stop loving you.' 'I needed a way to talk to you,' 'They were such a good couple.'

"Peyton?" Luke waved his hand in front of my face, I guess he was talking to me. I didn't care to ask what he said, I stood on my toes and brought my lips to his. He was surprised at first, but he smiled against my lips and started kissing me back, leaning down so I could stand on flat feet again.

"Does this mean I have you back?" He leaned his forehead against mine, pulling away from this kiss.

I shyly smiled and blushed, and he kissed me again. "I guess it does."

----------------------

Wooo! I updated again, I guess summer kind of helps because I have so much time. I have no life so I literally sit here and try to write all the time. Thanks so much for 198k, it means so much you guys. I love you all, I hope you all liked the update. Oh and about comments; sorry if I read yours wrong and reply rudely, I just get offended by certain things, and I do see all of you comments, I get them send to my phone. Also, I appreciate that you guys are typing curse words differently so they don't get flagged, I doubt you're doing it for me, but thanks anyways. I'm going to be at the beach Saturday to Saturday, so I don't have a lot of time to write, but I'm going to try at nights and on the drive down. Love you guys, thanks for everything! - Bri :)