Chapter 20

Hi y'all! Had a cute idea for part of this chapter so I hope you like it. Thanks so much for all you've done.   6 4 5    t h o u s a n d   r e a d s ? ?  I honestly cannot thank you guys enough and I feel so bad because I'm so terrible  at writing and I never update and I just suck.  I am posting an important (to me) note at the end, and I wanna know your responses, so please read it:). Love you all. - Bri

-------

So I had an idea, what if, instead of working on all these different stories, I did something a little different. I was thinking about making one book where I posted some of my ideas, and I would write the stories depending on the responses. So one " chapter" would be an idea, and I would make them into a story according to your opinions. I don't know yet, just thought it would be better than having all of these different stories when I could write better short stories instead. Just a thought though. Anyways;

--------

*These next two chapters are going to be a little different, they're not going to match Luke's "bad boy" image, but it's really cute and goes with the rest of the story, so I hope you like it!*

After spending two nights at Luke's like I promised him (and ignoring most of the attempts made by my parents to get in contact with me), I finally went home. I wouldn't have been so sour about returning if they hadn't acted like nothing happened, but I wasn't about to push my luck. Instead of encouraging them to punish me, I simply asked them 'so what's the plan?' and they responded with something like 'we're discussing things,' which meant they were waiting until the worst possible time to punish me.

I completely misjudged them. I guess they had noticed that I had stayed home two nights in a row and had almost no in-person contact with Luke outside of school. They told me I was grounded for a week, and though it dragged by slowly, I only had one more day of suffering, today. Before I left the house, my parents told me I had been liberated, and I awkwardly thanked them before heading down to Luke who was waiting patiently on the sidewalk. He suggested going out to eat to celebrate and I gladly agreed.

I was absolutely sick of all the girls in school, talking about how they already had their prom night planned out, but it isn't this weekend so I don't get why they are stressing.

Sam slid into the chair next to me and set her bag on the desk. "So what about you, you and Luke have anything planned for prom?"

"Prom is not in the picture, neither of us have asked, and to be honest I never really liked the idea of it."

"What? I think you're the first girl I've ever met that doesn't have a dream about going to prom."

Or some outrageous scenario that everyone knows would never happen but goes along with anyways, I thought.

"Sorry, I never liked the idea of spending hundreds of dollars getting dolled up just for one night."

"What if you had the opportunity to go with your favorite band member?"

"Okay that changes things I would definitely go then." We laughed at my sudden change of thought, but our conversation was cut short when the bell for class sounded.

As Michael and I exited our music class, he too asked if Luke and I would be going to prom, and was disappointed when I said it wasn't my thing. I told everyone who asked that I wasn't planning anything for prom, but I secretly hoped Luke would mention it, it was our senior prom and I began to think that I would regret not going.

"Luke said you've been freed, is it true?" Mikey excitedly asked.

"Yes, my parents told me before we left this morning. Luke wants to go to dinner to celebrate, I'm surprised he didn't mention it to you guys."