Chapter 6

You all make me so happy I love you all thank you so much! I'm gonna try to update this early bc you guys deserve it and I love you. -Bri

------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished getting ready in a good amount of time the next morning, making myself a coffee to take with me. Since I had extra time, I was going to go watch tv, but knocking on the door stopped me.

I opened the door to see Ryan, "Hi babe." He smiled, kissing my cheek.

"Ryan, hi." I said smiling, I still wasn't used to this, but I kind of liked it. "Not to sound rude but what are you doing here?"

"What, I can't walk you to school?" He smiles, knowing I wasn't expecting this.

I just shrug and grab my bag, there was no point in waiting for my brother, who I knew was going to be late.

We walk out the door, his hand immediately meeting mine and intwining them. The feeling nice, but not what I felt when I was with Luke. Shut up, I tell myself. I wanted nothing to do with Luke and my mind just doesn't shut up about him.

"Something wrong?" He asks, face focusing closely on mine.

"No, sorry, I was just thinking about something." He nods, not wanting anything else to do with the subject. I guess he figured it was about Luke.

We walked through the front gates outside if the school, drawing a couple pairs of eyes our way. Ryan didn't seem to care or notice, he was used to the attention. I for one wanted to crawl in a corner and hide.

The warning bell rings, one remaining before we were late for class.

"Bye love." Ryan leans down and kisses my lips, earning attention from everyone around us, including Luke who was wearing an expression I couldn't read.

"Bye." I smile up at him, I could get used to this.

I turn around and walk to my class, feeling multiple pairs of eyes on me. After English class ends, I walk out to find Ryan waiting for me.

"Ready for math?" He sarcastically exclaims, causing me to snort in response. We were early to math, so I asked the teacher to go to the toilet and thankfully she let me go.

After I finished I grabbed my pass and left, walking straight into someone.

"Going somewhere?" A deep voice asks, clearly annoyed. I could easily tell who it was, and he wasn't happy at all.

"Yes back to class thanks." I attempt to push him out of my way, which to my surprise, he moves.

"Why?" His voice cracks as he questions me. I look up at his big blue eyes, now turned a clear grey, rimmed with signs of no sleep.

"Why what?" I blankly question.

"Why him?" His tone harsh, face turning straight, showing no emotion.

"Because, I've known him all my life, he knows me. He understands me and I can be happy with him."

"He's using you, for sex, and just to make fun of you. They're all mocking you." He lies, the nerve of some people.

"I think you're thinking of yourself." I spit at him and swiftly turn on my heel, ignoring him when he says my name.

I walk into math and the class has already started, so I awkwardly walk to my seat and sit down.

Fifteen minutes later, Mrs. Loftman is interrupted. The door swings open to reveal none other than Luke himself.

He didn't even hesitate, he knew exactly what he was doing. Walking straight up to Ryan, Luke punched him right out of his seat.

"Mr. Hemmings!" Mrs. Loftman shrieked. I quickly stood up and ran in front of Luke.

"Don't call me that. And you, get out of my way." He shoved me to the side, heading over to Ryan and kicking him in the side. No one moved, Luke kicked him again.

"Stay away from her."

"Don't tell me what to do." Ryan stood, wiping the blood from his lip.

"What are you gonna do about it pretty boy?" Luke mocked him. Before anyone could process what was happening Ryan's fist connected with Luke's jaw. Soon more punches were thrown and I didn't know what I was doing.

I threw my body in between them both, Luke's strong fist to fast, connecting with with my rib cage. I groaned in pain as Ryan worriedly looked at me.