Chapter 13

Elllooooo:) I missed you guys haha. It's so crazy to think last chapter I was thanking you guys for 140k and now I'm thanking you for 177k, it's so insane and it makes me so happy! Thank you guys so much! I thought I'd update since you guys keep asking, I still can't believe you guys actually like it haha. Here you go, I hope you like the chapter!! -Bri

----------------------

*In the comments I'm posting a link to my twitter picture. It's a lovely picture of Luke :) *

"Welcome home honey. Luke was just telling me how it's your one month today, congrats honey."

I glared at Luke and he smirked at me.

"Let me go ring your mother, I'll tell her to come home early." He excitedly got up.

"That won't be necessary dad."

"Sure it is!" He laughed before walking into the kitchen.

"You suck, get out before she gets here. Now!" I slightly raised my voice.

He approached me, pulling me into him.

"Nope, it's just you and me, baby."

~

Luke and I sat on the couch in my living room, acting normal as we waited for my mom to arrive, my father questioning us.

"So how'd you two meet?" Dad smiled, looking at Luke and me. I nervously glanced at Luke, praying he would come up with something fast.

"I spilled my lunch on her at school, and I helped her get cleaned up here, and we've grown closer since. I'm quite glad I spilled my pizza on her, otherwise I wouldn't have her." Luke lied, putting an arm on my shoulder, I choked back a laugh and instead let out a relieved sigh.

I can't say that I was mad about Luke being here. As upset as I was that he would do something as cruel as to possibly form a relationship on a dare, I still wanted an excuse to see him, and maybe get some more information out of him.

Since I found out I haven't talked to Ryan, or any of Luke's friends, but Alec and have been texting since Luke arrived. The dare happened three nights after I attempted to kill myself, so not everything was a lie. To say I still had a sliver of hope was an understatement, I had a lot of hope that Luke still possible cared for me, or that Ryan would still want to be friends.

"Peyton, why don't you two go get cleaned up before your mother arrives?" My father smiled at us, he and Luke talked while I thought about what was happening.

"That's the nicest way I've ever heard someone tell me I looked bad." I laughed at my father's nice attempt at telling me I needed to straighten up.

I motioned for Luke to follow me and we went to my room, suddenly making me uncomfortable.

"You sure are a good actor." I rudely remarked at him.

"What? I can't help being amazing." He cheekily responded.

"I wasn't talking about the lie you told my father."

"Then what were you talking about?" Luke growled, knowing exactly where I was going.

"I've been talking to Alec-"

"Oh, lovely!" He sarcastically, and rather rudely stated, interrupting me.

"He didn't kill Chelsea, she moved, away from you. And not only that but you pretended to have feelings for me, and you controlled your emotions so well, are you taking acting lessons? Like really, you act like it's your job to put on some fake show to screw up a girls life even more than it already is." I was letting the stress get to me as I let out a frustrated sigh, on the verge of crying.