Chapter 8

Hiiii sorry for the long wait! Hope you like the chapter! -Bri.

-----------------------------------------------

As Luke and I sit in the waiting chairs in the office, waiting for the principal to come and tell us our punishments, we decide to mess around a bit before we're officially in trouble.

"Let's go." Mrs. Pensky sighs as she rubs her forehead, standing in the door frame.

Luke and I follow her in, taking a seat in the comfortable office chairs that I was used to sitting in after being called to counseling so many times.

"Though I'm sure you're well aware of what you've done, we still have to talk about it. So before I take her word over yours, I'd like to hear your side briefly." She leans forward in her chair, picking up her pen and clicking it open, ready to take notes.

We explain our reason for getting in the argument with Trinity, why her and Hope attacked me. Why us three girls got into a fight, and how Hope punched me in the jaw, Trinity scratched the side of my face and it bled, and how it resulted in me holding them both down by their necks and hair.

"Don't fight back. I'm afraid you're going to be in detention for a bit today and tomorrow." Mrs. Pensky shakes her head at us before waving us off.

"So, wanna ditch?"

"No."

"Why? Then we can skip detention too." He offers, still not convincing me.

"No Luke."

"We won't have to see her anymore..." He tilts his head as he refers to Trinity.

"I said no Luke, I'm not ditching."

"Ugh, whatever Peyton, call me when you want to do something fun for once." Luke removes his arm from my shoulders and adjusts his backpack before jogging away to catch up with his friends.

I stayed behind, watching as they walked out the main doors of the school.

Was he right? Did I ever do anything fun for myself, or do I do things just for other people?

"Left you again huh?" One of the football players named Matt shakes his head at me. "You're stupid, he's just going to hurt you."

"You don't even know him." I scoff and turn away from him, starting to walk away.

"Don't say no one warned you. He's a player, and deserves to be in jail for all he's done."

I ignore his stupid and rude comments, not believing a word. But what if I am just another one of those girls that he uses just so he can get in my pants? What if I end up like that one girls in most of his photos? She completely dropped off the face of the Earth. Every picture I see her in, they're always smiling or hugging or kissing. He looked so happy with her, and even his friends were with girls and happy, but where'd they go?

I wasn't going to ask Luke, but I'd find a way to figure out who they were and where they are. But I was afraid that after I found her, Luke would want her again instead of me.

After school I sat quietly in the detention room, slightly pissed that Luke left me to serve it alone. About halfway through he stalked into the classroom and took a seat in the back, making sure I knew he was there.

Ignoring him, I continued to draw on my notebook and waited for time to pass. The next hour slowly dragged by, I ran out of things to draw, and Luke had run out of things to do. I soon felt mini paper pellets hitting the back of my head, and I turned around, annoyed at his childish behavior.

When we made eye contact, it was obvious he had been smoking something before he came. His eyes glassy and rimmed with red, the tip of his nose a light pink color.